CHAPTER EIGHT

"I just had a minor cut on my finger and my neck was itching too so I um you know..", I replied to him perplexing up myself.

"When did you had that cut?", Edmond kept on questioning, confusing me up.

"Hmm um a- early this morning"I had no idea what was I talking about but I had to say something.

"Show me the scar", said Edmond stirring up my mind.

"That's enough Edmond. What's your problem?", I finally burst out which I was not trying to but Edmond made me do it with his fearless asking.

"OK I'm sorry. I'm so sorry to disturb you." Edmond apologized.

"No it's OK. Um I shouldn't had spoke that loud with you I'm sorry." I cooled down myself and tried to cover the incident.

"Hey why are you sorry? Its all my fault to disturb you. Hmm." He replied softly and passed a smile. I smiled too and he left. But everything that was in my mind was Jason.

In the break time Melanie came to me and started talking about Cross.

"You know what Lo, I forgot to show you this," she put her hand out, and on her hand there is a large diamond ring. "Cross gifted me last night." Melanie said with a huge smile on her face.

"I don't think he's a right guy for you", I said with a confront look on my face.

"What? Aren't you happy for me?", she said with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey Mel its not that- just listen to me- hey!", I tried to convince her that I didn't mean anything negative about her relationship with Cross. I shook her from her arms and wiped her crocodile tears. "Hey listen! I didn't say you're not in a good relationship, I just said that Criss, Cross whatever his name is, is so much older than you-", "Just 46!", Melanie cut me and sat down on my chair. And though started again; " Hey Lo..?"

"Hmm..?", I knew she was going to say something stupid and though she did.

"Why don't you think about Ed?"

"Ed who..?"

"Edmond!"

"What do I think about him?"
"Come on Lo, I meant you should find a Valentine know! please..."
"Look Mel, I've told a million times about that I'm not interest in him!", I said with a bit louder voice and she started staring at me.
"Huh- come on Lo he's so cute and- and he even likes you...", she gave me conscious look. I turned towards her asked; "how do you know that?."
"He's even looking at you right now", she replied with a soft smile.
I looked at my left to see him but he rapidly turned around.

I don't know why Mel acts like she doesn't know anything. I've told her about a billion times that I'm not interested in him. But still she loves to spoil my sometime-good mood. And I don't even know what's the matter with Ed, am I the only beautiful woman left in this world. I never even saw him date a girl, maybe he really likes me. Whatever! I should've been worried for Jason instead of these homies.

I just had to go home cause whenever I'd think about Jason, my hands would start to sweat. After finally finishing my work I got the chance to go home
And when I got home...

                                                                     To Be Continued ...