CHAPTER NINETEEN

A night was passed but there was no sign of Jason. The police was still spooling around me. Everything sucked. I stood up from my old couch, on which I slept uncomfortably the whole night. I drank a half glass of water and sat again. I decided not to go in fear that everybody would ask me about the police cars and Jason. But then I realized that it was the 'salary day' and I already had left with no money.  I got ready in a few minutes and rushed towards the office. I walked carefully trying not come in anyone's sight. But obviously it was impossible. I somehow walked to my cabin with everyone staring at me like I'm an alien. I stood before my cabin and Dylan showed up again. "Hey?!", he started. "Oh hey!..." I replied with a surprise. "Why are so exhausted?"he asked me giving me a glass of water. "It's nothing, just a rush hour." I said while looking around with everyone staring at me. I felt disgusted so I went to my boss's office and gently knocked the door. He let me come in. "Ms. Lois, how are you today huh?!" He greeted me with a friendly behavior which was unexpected. "Tell me what should I order for coffee or latte? I think coffee is the best morning drink, don't you?" He said constantly smiling at my face. I remained quite yet confused. "I'm sorry I don't need anything, I was just here for my salary..." My mouth was still opened as I saw that big smile on his face for me. "Oh yes, yes your salary, I'm so sorry Ms. Lois I forgot that please pardon me" he crawled his chair towards his drawers and put out an envelope. "Here's your salary with a 60% bonus but I want you to do something..." He put the envelope on his table and looked straight into my eyes. "What?" I asked him blinking my eyes. "Resign from my office!"
"What?! You know I can't do it. How'll I find another job?"
"It's not my problem just leave. After all whatever you've done is not worth to be proud of. Get out!"
Tears started to roll down my cheeks.
I couldn't bear his voice. My head was exploding with pain.
"Shut up!" I bursted out and my boss stood silent yet scared.
"Not another word!" I tried to cool down my anger. "Whatever I've done is my problem not yours and you don't need to kick me out I am quitting myself" I spoke grinding my teeth and picking up my salary envelope,"and this, I deserve it!" I banged the door and suddenly a shower of bullets was heard.