6| the ball

Beastboy awoke with a pain in his stomach. He felt like he had asked the wrong person to the ball. He didn't know why he felt that way. Anna was beautiful and nice. But she was too boring for Beastboy. He liked exciting. He also liked someone he could discuss his problem with. Anna was a normal human with a normal life.

Beastboy wasn't normal.

It was 3AM so Beastboy went in to the kitchen, expecting to see Raven. She had her back to him when he walked in. "Hey mama."

He simply got a nod back.

"Are you okay?" Beastboy frowned. He expected a 'hey Gar' not a nod.

He got another nod in response.

Raven started making her way past Beastboy when he reached out, halting her movement.
He raised an eyebrow at her. "If you're okay then why aren't you talking?"

"My throat hurts." She replied quietly, not looking at Beastboy. She didn't want to talk to him. She had worked out in her mind that she would start distancing herself away from Beastboy. He had a girlfriend and she needed to lose whatever feelings she had for him.

She walked around his outstretched arm and made her way to her room. Beastboy watched her go and then her scratched his head, confused.

What the hell just happened?

•~•

To say the Titans tower was a mess was an understatement.

Every Titan was running around, getting last minute things done, grabbing hair bows and ties, the girls scampering around in their robes and the boys tying to make sure they had all the pieces to their three piece suits.

Raven rushes back to her room, quickly sliding into her vanity chair and getting to work. Raven didn't like to wear much makeup, she never felt that it was necessary. Raven put mascara on her already long eyelashes and added black eye liner and sparkly black eyeshadow. Raven finishes off her look with deep purple lip stick. Raven then curls her hair. Once she's, done, her hair frames her face as is falls in loose wavy curls down to her middle back.

Beastboy was going to regret not asking her to the dance.

Raven walked over to her closet and pulled out her dress. It was a long black ball gown. It hugged at her waist before it flared out, flowing to the ground. The press was pure silk. The top was a spaghetti strap and it had dark purple sparkles running up the sides of the dress from the hip up. It had an open back, starting at the shoulders and ending right at Raven's butt. Since Raven's hair was only middle back length, it would still show off her lower back. It was a gorgeous dress for a gorgeous girl.

She slipped into her dress, loving how the fabric felt on her grey skin. Raven ran to her vanity and slipped on her dangly earrings and the matching bracelets. Raven looked at herself in the mirror. Star always wondered why Taven wore dark colored clothing. That's because dark colors look so damn good on her. Raven looked at her watch and quickly slipped on her pumps and grabbed her clutch.

Raven ran into Bee when she rushed out of her room. Titans East decides to come over so they could all get ready together. Bee looked amazing in the long sleeved figure hugging yellow dress, it stopped right at her knees and the color complemented her complexion. Her hair was as straight as a pin, falling right below her shoulders.

"Raven! You like stunning, honey, I don't understand why you don't have a date." Bee stated. Raven was the only female titan without a date and she was fine with that.

Boys were stupid anyways.

"Unlike you and Star, no one has had the pleasure of catching my attention." She smirks at Bee. Bee laughes at Raven before they head to Star's room.