The Decision

Y/N Pov
I felt like my heart was beating less and less waiting for it to stop completely at the temple. I gripped the notebook harder each step I took. "Hey!" I jumped at his sudden slap on my arm. "Are you okay?" I nodded without looking at him. I stared straight in the direction of the temple. "Rose?" He asked. But I didn't answer. All I could think about was what Felix told me in the other world.

"The ruins is where we died....so be careful if you ever go. And make sure to never get close to the temple!"

His words rang in my head continuously to the point where I even started getting lightheaded. I couldn't stop thinking about the temple that I didn't notice we were already right in front of it. "Rose? Aren't you gonna take notes?" I snapped out of my daze and quickly scribbled something down.

I looked around and just like Felix's story, there was barely anyone around. "It's kind of empty today." I said nervously. He just nodded and started to take more pictures. "Do you want to do something?" He slyly smirked at me. "No! We're not going into the temple!" I shouted. He looked surprised at my sudden change of mood. "How did you know that I was gonna ask you that?!" He asked suspiciously. I looked at the temple then back at him.

"I just know you like that! You kept eyeing the temple and you noticed there was barley anyone around so I just thought that you might ask that sooner or later." He just looked at me still confused but then he wrapped his arms around me. "Well....we're still going!" He said happily.

Those words felt like someone just punched me in the chest. I eyed him seriously and scared. "What? You scared?" He jokingly laughed. I huffed out of anger and just turned around and walked in the other direction away from the temple. "Wait! Rose!" He walked up and turned me around. "What's gotten into you?!" He asked seriously. I just narrowed my eyes at him annoyed. "Maybe this is why Rose died?!" I huffed under my breath. "What?!" He asked annoyed this time. "Nothing!" I rolled my eyes. But my mind went back to Felix in the other world. How was I supposed to get back home?!

"Oh no!" Felix just stared at me confused. " 'Oh no' what?" I shook my head in frustration and plopped onto the ground. "It can't be that way?!" He kneeled down to my level and lifted my chin to make me look up at him. "Just tell me what's wrong." He asked in a softer tone. I just shook my head and looked back at the temple. "It's nothing, lets just go inside the temple."