|Chapter One|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.❤

The sea looks furious from where he is on top of the railings on the forepeak of his ship

The sea looks furious from where he is on top of the railings on the forepeak of his ship. Lighting and thunder can be seen on the horizon, but that is not what he is paying attention to. His hand is curled in one of the ropes tied on the bowsprit.

The wind is crisp and cold, feeling as if a thousand icy daggers are permeating his skin, where his chest is showing. The rain-droplets and waves splash against his body and face, yet again he does not lift a single finger to wipe it off. The water feels like a deep cleansing to his body and his spirit, as if it will wash away the sins he is about to commit.

He craves it more than his lungs crave oxygen to breathe. He can smell it, and he can feel it under his skin raising goosebumps. His fingers ache to bury in it, nose tickles to smell the aroma of new gold.

He and his crew have been tracing The Fraud for the past month, paying here and there spies for its whereabouts. As he sees it in front of him right now he knows every penny was worth it.

His men had fought with bravery, swords flying left and right cutting through skin. The other ship's deck is being covered in blood, but he steps in it without as much as wincing. His eyes are set on the prize and he is not going to get distracted now.

"Is he there?" He asks Liam, his first mate. Liam is standing by the door of the Captain's cabin holding it open for his own Captain.

"Aye," Liam says with a nod and steps out of the way. He follows his captain inside the cabin, smiling when he sees the victim wiggling against the ropes unsuccessfully.

"Now now, Cap'n Lazarius, I thought you had a bit more dignity in your bones than trying to wiggle out of me ropes like a squid," his smirk is on his face as he approaches the repugnant man at his feet.

Lazarius spits, a bit of it dripping down his chin and falling at his boot. He follows the action with a grimace and wipes his boot at Lazarius' trousers.

"Pathetic," he raises the corner of his lip. He looks at Liam, ignoring completely the failing attempts to escape of his slave, "Has he confessed yet?"

"No, Cap'n. We tortured a few of his men, but they did not speak. He does not agree to tell us where it is either," Liam nods as he looks with repulse at Lazarius.

"Huh," he says raising his eyebrow, "It is quite funny to me, honestly. This pathetic little oyster thinks we will not be able to find where his gold is."

He starts walking around the Captain of The Fraud like a shark circling his prey, but the man on the ground does not bow under his gaze.