|Chapter Thirteen|

Don't forget to Vote and comment.❤

"Where am I?" He utters and it's the first question that comes to his mind as soon as he wakes up the next morning

"Where am I?" He utters and it's the first question that comes to his mind as soon as he wakes up the next morning. His head is pounding, and the taste in his mouth is far from good.

His eyes aren't open yet, but he can feel light surrounding him. His whole body aches as if a carriage has been over him. He makes to move without even opening his eyes but immediately changes his mind, as his head starts hurting even more from the immediate change of position. Louis feels comfortable where he is, the sheets soft and smelling fresh; that is how he knows that he isn't in his own bed. Hazy memories from last night flood his mind, not remembering anything in particular. It feels as if his thoughts are moving in an unmatchable speed, spiralling out of control in a loop.

"You're in my bed." Comes the Captain's voice somewhere behind him, and Louis freezes, opening his eyes immediately.

His neck hurts from how fast he whips his head around, facing the smug grin in Styles' face. He is standing at the feet of the bed, his shirt buttoned loose, and its too much skin for Louis to take in in the morning, especially after a night of sipping down one drink after the other.

''How did I get here?'' Louis asks wincing as he gets up, rubbing his fingers over his temples, eyes screwed shut. The next thing he wants to do is wash his mouth and be rid of the stale taste there, hating himself even more of getting this much out of control. It's unacceptable is what it is.

Styles sighs, "Why don't you ask Niall and Zayn, your drinking buddies? I'm sure they will have a better explanation than I do."

Louis shakes his head in denial, opening one eye after the other, "Look, as much as I know I asked, I still don't wanna know. Now, I'll take my self out of here, and bother somebody else with my crankiness."

The Captain groans, a frustrated noise coming from the back of his throat as he tips his head between his shoulders, "Look, Louis. You don't bother me, at most you get so far deep in my head and it annoys me so much because then I don't know how to get you out of there."

Louis opens his mouth, makes out a tiny whimper while trying to come up with something to say and fill the silent space, but he can't. Even if he could make himself utter something, he is sure not more than pure nonsense would come out of his mouth. It's all so sudden and out of nowhere, and he doesn't even know how to take it; as something good or bad because Styles doesn't explain himself further, he just said what he said and left it at that.

But the Captain continues, and this time when he starts speaking again, he sits on the bed, turning his back to Louis. It's like he is making himself open up because most probably he doesn't want to. Louis is sure Styles can count on the fingers of his hand the people he trusts on; Liam maybe being the only one.

"My mother used to be a duchess," The Captain starts, and Louis is taken aback because Styles starting to talk about his family is the last thing he expected, "While my dad, was born and raised a pirate, as his father, grandfather and everyone before him was."