|Chapter Ten|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.❤

Jade is cleaning her room when he gets there

Jade is cleaning her room when he gets there. And by cleaning, she is throwing away everything she does not any longer need, so she will make some space for the new ingredients she intends to buy that day.

He sees her agitated, huffing every two minutes, a small crease formed between her eyes. Styles does not blame her as they all are stressed at their current situation; attacked when they least expected it, but nonetheless, it happened so now they need to take measures.

Her room is a total disaster, all sorts of herbs, flasks, and papers all over the floor meanwhile she has a big old bag in her hand going around the room. Unlike any other day, the windows of her place are opened as she is probably airing it, and she has a few Chamomile leaves on fire on a tin plate on the side of the area. They release a particular scent, and curiously it calms him.

He found the door open when he arrived a few minutes ago - Jade had yet to notice him - but he knocked on it out of respect. The sorceress lifts her head scared, a faint scream escaping her lips as she releases the bag in her hand in horror.

"You scared me!" She says with a scowl, waving her hand in front of her face as if it will calm the rapid palpitations of her heart.

Styles looks at her with a glint of amusement in his face. He truly doesn't have time for small talk or any of the sorts, but one can't go stressed all the time or they would burst. He takes a step in uninvited 'cause at this point, he doesn't think he needs it. Jade continues walking around her room, and Styles wants to suggest that she calms a bit down as he can sense how anxious she must be feeling - even though he doesn't know the reason behind it - but she has stressed it enough times that her mess is her comfort zone, so he lets her do her own thing.

''What got you so anxious?'' The Captain asks grabbing a few items from her desks looking at them with no particular curiousity behind.

She takes a deep breath, ''I read the cards of one of the crew members the other night, and since then I have this uneasy feeling. Can't really pinpoint what it is. God, I'm such a shitty sorceress sometimes!'' Jade says letting the bag slip through her fingers again, and the few items that must be in there fall down with a loud clang.

Styles raises his eyebrows, placing back on the desk whatever weird liquid he had on his hand, ''That bad?''

Jade shakes her head in frustration as if she resigns from whatever explanation she must have come up with in her head. ''See, I don't even know what to say! But, whatever it is, it's not good,'' she sighs.

The Captain purses his lips, ''Was he anyone I should worry about? Anyone who would put in danger my ship?''

''You know I can't tell you that. A witches' trust and all that shit.'' Jade turns her back at her Captain, grabbing the bag again and picking up whatever thing her eye catches first.