Chapter #6: what dreams are mad of

Sabrina was laying in the couch reading my journal to find clues about the scarlet hand. Daphne was reading, but she was standing up. Puck was absolutely no help... he's allergic to books. A couple hours later we are still no where. She heard the door bell ring and the girl went to answer it. Sabrina opened the door to diantha and she walked in, "I thought you were taking the lost boys to the park?"

She asked the girl. "I did... they got in a fight with a pack of bullies. I took them back to the tree and peter was there so I left them there and came to see if you needed any help." "That would be great! We are getting nowhere reading our journals... maybe you could read my journal and tell me if you find any clues."

She smiled and nodded. Sabrina handed her her journal and She went to my notepad again. Sabrina couldn't think of any more suspects, so she just left it. Sabrina paised the floor for a while until diantha exclaimed, "wait wait wait! What about the wizard of Oz? He left before you could bring him in!"

Sabrina's face lit up with excitement. "Of course! I only read through the ever after war! The only problem is Oz would be hard to track down... he left in his balloon without a trace." "Well I guess were going back to New York!"

The voice startled Sabrina. Granny Relda came out of no where. "Even if he left without a trace, it doesn't mean he didn't leave anything behind... he had to have had friends that he kept in touch with after all these years or maybe even an accomplice. It will be wise to leave today. Pack an overnight bag, lieblings!"

The next day we set off to New York. Henry and Veronica stayed at the house in fairy port landing while Sabrina Daphne puck and diantha went with granny. After a few hours of driving they made it to New York and there first stop was the lost kingdom of faerie. They all walked in and at first, no one recognized them. After a few minutes, they were surrounded by people, hoping to get a glimpse or even talk to the daughters of Veronica, or puck, the so called king of faerie. The group got past all the others and ended at the bar. They were greeted by the familiar face of mother goose, or as everyone calls her, momma.

"What might I get'cha, oh its you guys! Long time no see, how are you?" Momma said, Diantha watched confused while Sabrina and granny Relda bent over the counter to hug the woman, "it has been quite a while, it's great to see you again, momma."

Sabrina said. It made Diantha even more confused and she finally spoke up, "wait, I thought your mom was at the house still?"

"She is mother goose but everyone calls her momma." Puck explained to the pink haired girl, "that's what they call me. What might they call you?" Momma said to Diantha.

"My name is Diantha. It's nice to meet you!" She said shaking her hand. "Your accent is quite something... your not from around here, obviously. Somewhere in Europe if I'm correct." Momma said.

Another voice came up behind the group and said, "puck! What a wonderful surprise! What brings you back here!" Mustardseed said. The group turned around, "mustardseed! Great to see you once again!" Puck said. "Who's that?" Diantha said to daphne, the nearest person to her. "That's mustardseed, pucks brother... he and titana take care of faerie while puck stays in fairyport Landing." Daphne explained. Diantha got even more confused at what daphne said, "why would the need to take care of faerie while puck is gone?" She questioned daphne quietly. "Well, puck is actually the king of faerie." "WHAT?!" Diantha yelled a little too loudly. Everyone in the bar turned to Diantha, puck and Sabrina gave her a questioning look and daphne burst into a giggling fit. "Sorry" she said sheepishly as her hair turned a different shade of pink.

"Well, I'm mustardseed. I don't believe we met before." He said Diantha sticking his hand out to her. She took his hand and shook it and then said politely, "I'm Diantha, it's a pleasure to meet you. Daphne said your pucks brother?" Mustardseed put his hands on pucks shoulder and said to her, "yes, speaking of puck, when did you decide to grow up? What changed? I remember when you left, you announced to everyone," mustardseed puck his hands on his hips and and in his best puck impression said, "I refuse to ever get married or ever grow up! If your gonna try and force me into it I'm leaving this place and NEVER coming back!" The girls started to laugh and puck scratched the back of his head nervously. "I don't know actually!" Daphne looked at puck with a smirk on her lips. he pretended not to notice it, but he turned bright red, "well, puck actually DOES know why he hasn't grown up... I can tell you if you wangfh" puck covered Daphne's mouth before she could say anymore. Sabrina eyed daphne carefully, she knows as well why puck was growing. Mustardseed watched as puck dragged daphne off to the corner to give her a stern talk.

"Anyway... we need some help, you see, we go to a boarding school in Scotland now and that's actually where we met Diantha but that's for another time, the scarlet hand is back and I think oz may have something to do with it... we came to see if he had any ties here that could lead us to him." Sabrina told the fairy. "He did have Dorothy... no ones heard from her in years though." "I've heard someone's seen her down by the docks a few times... but be careful... let's say that cowardly lion isn't as cowardly anymore." Momma said.

They nodded and thanked both of them for their help. A smirking daphne and a red puck joined them a few seconds later, "where have you been?" Diantha whispered to the small girl. "Tell you later." Daphne whispered back.

When they got to almost empty docks, they immediately went around looking for Dorothy or the cowardly lion. All 6 of them returned to their meeting place and none of them saw Dorothy. They had been searching for an hour and decided to grab some dinner before they left New York. They walked into an interesting sea food place that had at most one couple dining in their. The small restaurant, if you can even call it that, was named, "sea food on the sea shore" and inside was bright red with crab and lobster decals everywhere. They all walked up to a rather large man with sandy hair peaking out of his red shirt sleeves and tan shorts. "what can I do for ya?" The man said in a deep voice, "hello, can we get a table for six?" Granny Relda asked in her German accent. "Grab any table you please, I will send someone over to get your order." He said. They found a table by the window just in case they were able to spot the girl outside.

A woman with the same red shirt as the man and long, blonde hair walked up to the bunch. Her large smile and light brown eyes gave a safe and happy vibe, "hello my names Dorothy and I will be your waiter for today, what can I get you to drink?" "I will take any kind of coke, please." Pick said as the rest had their mouths open in awe. Sabrina hit puck in the shoulder and turned back to Dorothy, "Dorothy? Are you Dorothy from the wizard of oz?" The woman's smile faded and she looked around the empty place, "no ones here anyways, no need to look around." Puck said, rolling his eyes in the process. This time, Diantha hit the boy. "I'm sorry about him... so you are Dorothy?" Dorothy looked at Diantha and slowly nodded her head, "follow me." She whispered and lead the group to the back. They all walked into a brightly lit room with chairs and everything.

"What is it you need?" Dorothy asked with a face that screamed irritation, "I'm sorry to bother you, but we need you help, have you seen oz lately? He was involved in a dark organization known as the scarlet hand that wasn't known to like us... we think he might be after us once again." Granny Relda said. Dorothy's face dropped and she said grimly, "I'm sorry, but I can't talk about it... oz changed for the worse after we all moved to New York. I prefer not to speak about him..." her voice trailed off and she looked on the verge of tears, "I'm sorry if the subject makes you uncomfortable, but we really need your help... oz is our only lead right now and we need some kind of help to know where he went." Sabrina said. Dorothy looked up at Sabrina and gave a weak smile that faded immediately, "I don't wish to talk about oz... you need to go now, I'm sorry." Dorothy walked out of the room and Sabrina looked at Diantha with a look of sadness to see Diantha grinning, "I've got this," she said confidently. She walked out of the room and a few minutes later, she pulled dorothy in the room with her. They all sat on chairs in a circular pattern. "Dorothy, we need your help... do you have any idea where oz might have gone after he left?" Daphne asked the woman. She looked up at daphne and quickly looked away. Diantha, who sat right next to her, put her hand on her shoulder, "we need your help you find oz... please help us." Diantha said. With a sigh, she looked up, "after we moved to New York, oz wasn't himself anymore. He was different Han the oz from Kansas and became secluded. When I confronted him about it, he shrugged it off and said it was nothing. After I heard what happened I immediately called the scarecrow. He stayed in Kansas with the tin man. He told me oz came back to Kansas. They said he was very distant with them and wouldn't tell them why he left New York... I haven't talked to them for years since oz left and have no intention of doing so. That's all the information I can give you." Dorothy said. Diantha rubbed her back and gave her a warm smile, " we all appreciate that you told us this... I know how hard it is losing someone close to you and how hard it can be to talk about it."

"Thats all we need to know... thank you for telling us this," Sabrina said to Dorothy when they left. She looked at Diantha with a smile, "how did you do that?" Diantha turned to Sabrina with a mischievous smirk plastered on her face. "I know how to get what I want... never doubt my skills." Sabrina rolled her eyes playfully at her and they went back to the car. It was a long drive back but once they got back, it was really late and they all crashed.