Swimming and Angry Encounters

"So... the match didn't end the way you expected it to huh?" Shikamaru questioned the female. Y/n was licking her ice cream cone as she listened to Shikamaru's voice. This caused a light chuckle to admit from the girl's throat.

"Yeah... I didn't think that bastard would sneak up behind me and hit my pressure point. Y'see he's a sneaky one, that's why I look up to him as my sensei." Y/n nodded her head as she said this, once finished she went back to licking her ice cream. A small (sour) smile on her lips.

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting that either." Shikamaru said, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked around the hill they sat on, Y/n and himself were just relaxing. The two were tired from the competition and Taishi gave them both money for ice cream, seeing as he felt bad for what he did.

Y/n smiled as she continued to enjoy her ice cream, silence over took the two teenagers. Shikamaru decided against getting an ice cream because he didn't feel in the mood for one. Now he was slightly regretting that decision, but he didn't complain. He looked at the sky, he moved onto his back. He sighed out a short breath as he felt y/n shift to his left.

Y/n finished her ice cream and was now laying beside the Nara. Her eyes on the clouds as well, she didn't really know what to say. Strands of green grass tickled her cheeks lightly. Y/n was about to playfully complain about how they should cut the grass but decided against it. Thinking it would ruin the moment.

"Hey... have you ever thought about the future?" Y/n questioned curiously and glanced in the male's direction. The male remained silent until he shrugged his shoulders.

"Nothing really important..." he said and looked over in the girl's direction. The girl smiled and shook her head lightly. She seemed to zone out lightly as she parted her lips to talk.

"I was thinking of becoming a teacher... y'know?" Y/n's words shocked Shikamaru greatly. He'd never think someone like y/n would be interested in that kinda career. She never really took interest in school, much like he didn't.

"Eh, just a thought." She smiled charmingly and looked back to the staring Shikamaru. Shikamaru nodded his head and looked away, cheeks turning a light red. The shadow user thought there was some sort of deeper reasoning, but didn't bother to ask.

"Well I don't want to sit here on my ass all day! Let's go do something Shikamaru." Y/n said and stood up, wiping the dirt off her pants. Her eyes stuck on his laying figure. Shikamaru groaned, knowing he didn't have a chance against her persistence. In which he sat up and looked back up at the girl.

Shikamaru noticed how she offered him a hand, so he took it and yelped as he was pulled up. Sometimes the girl's strength shocked him... "troublesome."

Y/n grinned as she held Shikamaru's hand, her eyes scanning the several buildings and villagers. They were walking through the streets, trying to find something to do. She hadn't noticed the male's red cheeks.

"So what are we going to do Shikamaru?" Y/n questioned curiously and shoved her free hand into her pocket. She looked up at the tired male. Who only seemed to hum in thought. A small smile spread onto her face as she looked around them.

"Well we could go and sleep." He suggested and looked down to her, something told him this wouldn't work. In which y/n's face scrunched up as she shook her head. She looked around as they started to wonder out of the village. The two were trailing off, to who knows where.

"How about we go to the dock?" Y/n suggested, remembering the lake her and Naruto used to go to when they were in the academy.

"Sure." Shikamaru nodded his head, a gasp of surprise leaving his throat as he was dragged towards the said area. With the girl's movements, he knew she was eager.