Chapter 2: A Caotic First Day.

Here we go!

I walked with Auggie to school. He was very nervous. I mean, who wouldn't be? He's been homeschooled his whole life! I reassured Auggie with a smile. We walked up to the school getting stares where ever we went. People can be so rude. We first had homeroom with Mr. Brown. I walked in and I took a seat. Then I started daydreaming and started thinking about the first time Julian and I met:

~~~

"Minecraft is for losers!" said a small boy about my age kicking a younger boy who was on the ground. Why was he kicking a kid over Minecraft? He's the loser.
"Leave him alone dude! What did he ever do to you! Minecraft is one of the best games to ever exist! You probably still play Roblox!" I shouted at the boy. He glared at me,
"Minecraft is trash! Roblox is too! And why do you care about someone you don't even know?" He asked angrily.
"It's called having a heart, you should try one sometime," I said plainly
"You guys are both losers! Maybe you can be losers together?" I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. I smiled at him.
"Let's be friends!" I said. I need to fix this attitude of his. Since clearly, his family hasn't.
"You're crazy. Why would I be friends with you? I'm the bully remember?" He asked clearly confused
"My mom always said that the bullies are always the ones who have been through the most, so we need to treat them with kindness," I told him and smiled. He stares at me in confusion as I walk to the other boy.
"Are you alright?" I ask him holding out a hand for him to take. "Y-Yeah. I am. Thank you." The boy smiled sheepishly taking my hand. "I'm (Y/N)! What's your name?"
"Jack Will."

~~~

"Ms. (Y/N) tell me two things about yourself," Mr. Brown said as he stopped my train of thoughts. I stood up and faced the class.
"I am (Y/N) Pulman, and I am August Pullmans twin-sister. I really love movies and I hope we can all be great friends!" I gave the class a closed-eyed smile and sat back down.
"Can someone read me the precept of the day?"
Then pretty much everyone raised their hands and said to me multiple times. I just laughed. "You, what's your name, and can you read it for me." Mr. Brown asked a girl with curly brown hair.
"I'm Summer and the precept is: When given a choice between doing what's right or kind, choose kind."

~~~

At lunch, Julian asked me to sit with him. I didn't want to leave Auggie alone so I declined
"Julian as much as I'd like to sit with you, but I can't leave my brother alone I-" I started but Julian interrupted and whined,
"(Y/N)! You never sit with us anymore-" Then a kid bumped into me and I got pushed forward into Julian which knocked onto the floor leaving us in an awkward position. "Get off me! You're heavy!" I told him. He got up and said "You make a comfortable pillow." but helped me up shortly after. I rolled my eyes and walked away as I went to sit with Auggie.

~~~

Auggie was crying in his room after school and I couldn't figure out why. "Auggie breathe. It's going to be okay. Just please tell me what's wrong so I can help you." I comforted him
"Julian is the meanest kid I've ever met. How can you be friends with him?" He said quietly
"Auggie I'm so sorry... I'll talk to him tomorrow. I promise I'll knock some sense into him." I told him. I thought I helped Julian change... Maybe all my effort did nothing... Maybe we just aren't meant to be friends...
"Everything will be okay. I'll make sure he doesn't treat you like that. Just leave it to me."

Thank you for reading!