First Mission

November 19th, 2041 11:20 am

What's this fuzzy feeling?  Whenever I'm around Hiro, I just get this... fuzzy feeling.  It's strange because I don't know what it is, and I don't know if it's good or bad.  I just know that I miss it.  Just what is this weird feeling that leaves me so annoyed?

Just as I was about to groan out loud, Hiro enters the room carrying a suit.  "Hey, Vanellope," he greets.  "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?"

"I can't sleep," I shrug, but only slightly so that I don't disturb my back too much.

"I can get Baymax for you."

"I'm fine, Hiro.  What are you up to?"  I ask, watching him head to the bathroom.

"We have to go back in time and save the timeline," he answers, hesitating.

"Let me come," I state, attempting to sit up.  Instead, pain shoots up my back and I fall back to the bed, my body glitching a little.

"No, Vanellope, you need to rest," Hiro refuses, dropping the suit and rushing to me.  "You've only been healing for a day."

"And in that day, I've done enough of resting.  You are all about to go save the world and I am not going to be stuck on the sidelines."  I take a deep breath before grabbing Hiro's shoulder and pulling myself up, this time Hiro helping me along the way.  "The least I could do is be the getaway driver."

"That's Wilbur and Violet, Vanny.  I'm going undercover ten years in the past and Penny is staying here to give updates on the time ripples."

"It's Logic 101 not to go out on your own, Hiro.  I'm coming," I state, my answer final.  "Look, I will be happy to help even if you stick me in a wheelchair for our cover.  This way, I'm not pushing myself and I get to help the team.  Deal?"  Reluctantly, Hiro nods before standing up.

"I'm going to go change, then I'll go get your suit, okay?"  I nod and Hiro enters the bathroom.

Yeah, no.  There have been many movies and television shows that depict this situation ending differently.  I am not going to be left behind.  I stand up slowly, wincing a bit before glitching out and into the Big Room.  They really need to get a new name for this room.  Well, back on subject.

There, beside one of the computers on the desk is a lonely suit just calling out my name and when I pick it up?  Only one thing comes to mind.

"Starry Night?" I ask myself before shrugging and glitching again, the suit now my current outfit.  I then grab the mask and the weird necklace that comes with and glitch back to the bedroom.

I make it back just in time, Hiro barely opening the door when I reappear back on the bed.  "You already have your suit on?" He asks, surprised with a hint of disappointment in his eyes.  I knew it.

"Yep.  Ready to go?"  I ask, standing up.  Huh.  My wound doesn't hurt as much anymore. 

"Wait, you said I could put you in a wheelchair."

I hesitate for a second before giving in.  "As long as you don't leave me behind."

"Vanellope, I won't leave you behind.  I promise."  He gives me a sincere nod before leaving the room, coming back shortly after with said wheelchair and blanket.  "Are you sure you want to come?"

I nod before taking a seat in the wheelchair and taking the blanket, gently placing it in my lap.  "Off to the past!"  Hiro just laughs before wheeling me out of the room.

We reach a room with a large portal on one wall and a group of teenagers on the other side of the room, one of them being the Robinson Kid.  "You're bringing her?"  He asks, sounding a little angry.  "She was just stabbed two days ago!"

"And I'm not going to rest knowing that you idiots are having fun without me.  I can still be of use."  I fold my arms before looking back up at Hiro.  "Could you help me get in the time machine?"

"Agent Hologram, you are not coming," Wilbur says before walking to the portal and attempting to put in coordinates.  "Hiro!  What is the stupid password!?  Why the... why did you put one on here!?"  Wilbur yells, causing Hiro to cackle.

"I found it necessary."  Hiro gleams at Wilbur innocently before Violet comes up and tries to unlock the portal, which works.

"How did you find out the password?" Our supposed team leader mutters in amazement.

"Despite Hiro being the smartest one here, he can be pretty predictable," Violet answers simply, shrugging afterwards. 

"Alright.  You four are going ten years into the past.  Hiro, you must avoid yourself at all costs, you have photographic memory even in the past and we don't want the timeline to change.  Agent Hologram will be your partner undercover and will assist in keeping you away from your past self and past family.  Wilbur, you and Violet are to set up a base of operations and work behind the scenes while guarding the Time Machine.  I will stay behind to keep track of the paradox and investigate these mysteries that keep popping up here."  Penny gives a small smile before adding "good luck out there" as a last note, handing each of us a file.  "These are your identities, but be careful, they have not been government approved for ten years ago."

"Thanks Penny.  Let's head to the past, everyone!"  We all follow Wilbur through the portal, mentally preparing ourselves for the first mission as a team.  He must have given up on making me stay.

AN

Wow!  This one is not as long as I wanted it to be!  Sorry about that.

Well, I think that since we're fifteen chapters through and I have yet to get down to the dirty stuff,  I'm going to do a little time skip.  Not much, just... oh, you'll see.  You won't be very happy about it though.

Until next time!

Onto the Next Chapter!