Experimental Games

November 17th, 2041 9:00 am

"Subject Lollipop, are you ready?" The scientist asks me as I stick some candy in my mouth.

"Yeah, yeah.  Just start up the thingy-ma-jig.  I wanna go home as soon as possible," I answer boredly, staring at the one way window.  "I have a race to get to."

"Alright," the scientist states with a slight laugh before a loud click is heard and wind starts whipping at my face, my hair flying behind me as I grab hold of the bar in front of me, being sure my candy doesn't leave my mouth.  When my feet leave the ground, I nod, signaling the scientist.

Shoot!  I duck just as a pair of scissors flies towards me.  "Really?  Scissors!?"  I growl as more items are sent my way, eventually forcing me to glitch my way around the obstacles.  Because of my glitching, I am sent back flying and I end up farther back from the front of the room, holding onto a less stable bar.  I then glitch another couple times, this attempt bringing me back up a couple feet and against a rock wall.  Then, as more random stuff is thrown into the windy room, I am astounded when a bouncy house is added to the mix.  I immediately glitch one more time in an attempt to not get hit by the thing when I lose my grip and the whole play house sends me to the back of the room, ending the experiment.

"I don't think the bouncy house was a positive addition, Doc," I cough out as someone lends me a hand.  Getting up, I brush myself off and ensure that my candy is still in my mouth before leaving the room.  "Any new discoveries?"

"None so far, Lollipop.  We still need to process this last trial, so how about you come to the Robinson Home later today for lunch?  We'll come get you the results when the statistics are done being processed then."  An older man, Doc, I'm assuming, says softly to me and I think about what plans I have today.

"Well I'm clear after my race, so I'll see you then?" I put my hand on the exit door and await an answer as the distracted scientist finally gives me his full attention.  He smiles at me and nods, waving at me and I just wave back, opening the door to the outside.  "See ya, Candy."

————————————————————————————————————————

Later that day, approx. 12:00 pm

Standing in front of the Robinsons Front door, I notice not one doorbell, but two.  "Um...?"

Then, from the peanut gallery, two heads pop out of some potted plants.  "Which doorbell are you going to ring?"  One asks eagerly.

"You should ring my doorbell," the other states excitedly.

"No, mine, it will..." And the two banter on, not giving me a chance to process.

So instead, I knock on the door.

"Ha!  She knocked!"  A third calls out from the ceiling of the overhang and I shriek in surprise.

The door opens to reveal an octopus and I just stare in shock.  Is it Halloween?  "Uh... I'm here for lunch?  Doctor Candy told me to come here..." I fidget with my thumbs as the octopus opens the door wide enough for me to come in, and I do so.

"Ah, just in time!  Follow me, Lollipop," Doc comes around the corner and puts his arm around my shoulders, pulling me along with him.  "Have you done your research on the Robinson Family, Lollipop?"

"Not much.  I just know it's one of the strangest and that Cornelius Robinson has a son named Wilbur."  I learned just how strange the hard way, I added in my mind.  "Cornelius also is the boss of RI."

"Good girl," Doc praises.  "Have a Lollipop, Lollipop."  He hands me a Dum Dum and I take it, pulling the wrapper off and sticking it in my mouth.

"Thanks, Doc."

"Now, whatever happens, tell anyone who asks that your abilities started showing up March 30th, 2037.  Got it?"  Doc stops walking, giving me a sinister look and I just nod, worried about what would happen if I didn't.  "Fantastic!  Now let's go get some lunch."

I'm going to attempt to make each chapter at least 1500 words, this one being the shortest at 719