When Life Gives You Chai...

Chapter 3

-Raihana Malik-

"I love him, Dad!" I cry, the first tear had long ago run off my cheek. Just like the love of my life ran off out of my life. That first tear drop was followed by a stream of salty tears.

He turns around from the rain filled window, glaring at me. His eye contact with mine quickly brings a feeling of guilt in my stomach. But that feeling fades away at his next words. "I don't want to hear anything from you. I am your father, and you will obey me." His finger is pointing right in my face.

I stand up from the chair, ready to defend myself. "I am not a dog, to obey you. I am a human, and I have feelings, and I have wants. You aren't even trying to understand my needs nor wants!" I spit in his face.

"You will never be with Aaron. Not as long as I'm alive." He reminds me, taking advantage of his position as my father. I feel his smirk rising up through his body.

"You know what; if I could go back and choose, I would rather choose to grow up without you and not my mom. I hate you!" I yell, crying. Before he can slap me I run to my room and lock the door.

I trip onto the bed, my face gets stuffed into the teddy bear that Aaron gave me on my birthday last year. My hijab from my early prayer contently slips off my silky long dark hair. I look up at the teddy bear with my blurry vision from the tears and press his paw. In Aaron's recorded voice I hear his lovely voice, "You and Me. Forever. Please?"

I remember exactly how he gave me this present. He came into my English class with a series of posters piled together in his hands, on October 13 of 2017. Friday the 13, may I add. Mrs. Smith, our English teacher at the time, stopped teaching and froze, equally confused as the rest of her class. I didn't know who Aaron came for. But he was dressed nicely in a perfectly ironed light blue button up shirt and nice fitting khaki pants with his hair combed into a beautiful style.

He flipped over the cardboards and the first one read my name in curly cursive, signaling me to approach him. And I did as told, and he flipped to the next one. The whole class was in awe, so was I. 

The first one shortly read, and the next followed.

What's Mickey without Minnie,
What's Piglet without Pooh,
What's Donald without Daisy,
That's me without you.

When Ariel doesn't sing,
And Pooh Bear hates honey,
When Tigger stops bouncing,
And Goofy isn't funny.

When Peter Pan can't fly,
And Simba never roars,
When Alice in Wonderland
Can't fit through small doors

When Dumbo's ears are too small
And Happily Ever After isn't true

That's when I'll stop loving you.

Aaron's best friend, came into the room with the teddy bear in his arms. While he himself was dressed as a huge brown teddy bear. This made the whole class burst out laughing like hyenas and making the laughing emoji come true. Roshan hands me the teddy bear and he tells me to press the paw, You and Me. Forever. Please?

"I love you so much Aaron." I whisper, now, while squeezing the teddy bear to my chest. How could I let Aaron run out of my life like that without telling him how I felt. If only my dad had come into the room a minute later, I wouldn't be in so much pain right now. If I knew that Aaron understands that I love him and nothing in this world is going to change that.

Now, I have no way to tell him. My dad took away my phone, he blocked Aaron's number even after taking he phone away. He knows me too well. I would've probably found a way to get ahold of the phone, since he hides it in the same place every time. Now, he changed the spot and it might take me some time to find my phone.