Got Me Going Crazy

Chapter 10

-Raihana Malik-

"What happened?" The millionth person asks, pointing her finger at my crutch. "I hurt my leg." I point out the obvious before slamming my locker shut and slowly making my way out of the school.

A bodyguard holds out his hand, silently. I give him my backpack just as he asked. He walks behind me as I walk through the exiting hall, I leave snickers and whispers behind me.

"Maybe next time she'll trip off a bridge." One jock yells out suggestively laughing, his hand is wrapped around his fifth girlfriend this week. I roll my eyes and ignore them while walking off. My bodyguard, however, did not appreciate their comment. He physically showed that to everyone who was watching.

I meet up with Arezo and Amin at the car. I sit next to Arezo on the black, leather seats. "Did you call Romeo?" She asks smugly. I rapidly shake my head, staring at the driving bodyguard and telling her to shut up.

He doesn't say anything, sometimes I feel like he's mute or something.

I look away from her, my heart tightening at her words. I received my phone yesterday from my dad. Before getting to hold the phone, I listened to a long lecture on how "Aaron is now gone and studies are far more important than some stupid boy."

The usual.

I looks through my voicemail's and I found one that caught my ears. It was from Aaron. "Exactly twenty-four hours have passed since I last saw you. You haven't called me back, which means your answer is "no, I won't run away with you". But just know that whenever you change your mind, or if you need any help, or advise. I'm always here for you. I love you."

I don't delete that voicemail. My heart wouldn't let me delete that last little part of Aaron I have left. The only part of Aaron I have left.

We make it home and I go upstairs and slam the bedroom door shut. I place my crutches in the corner of my room before freely walking to my closet. I connect a Bluetooth speaker to my phone and the shuffle songs instantly play through the device.

You cancel plans for me

I cancel ours on you

I strut through the overly large compartment while throwing off the shelves every gift I have ever received from Aaron. Sliding my hand across a counter which contains small stuffed animals and cute notes, neatly placed on it. They fall off and scatter onto the ground.

You ask me where I've been

I tell you something vague

I walk through the room, jumping onto the bed I feel myself loosing control of my mind. I jump up and down, letting my hair loose out of the hair tie.

Think I messed up again

What can I say

Running my fingers through my locks of dark hair, I grab the candies from off the nightstand and start tossing them up in the air, and attempting to catch them in my mouth.

Your friends keep on telling you to leave me 'cause I'm crazy

I do some shit you can't forgive