Make You Miss Me

Ramadan Mubarak // 🕋🌙✨

Chapter 8

-Raihana Malik-

"When do you think the guests are going to arrive, tonight?" I ask Aleena through the phone that's currently on loud speaker. I run my fingers through my locks of wavy hair and unbraid it while Aleena replies bluntly. "I don't know. Probably like seven, or something. I swear if Muzhda wasn't my sister..." she trails off.

Aleena is not the party type of girl. But when that girl gets on the dance floor, tsunamis go through guys hearts. Sometimes. I don't understand her negative logic towards things. She states that she is, and I quote, "a horrible dancer." I mean, if she's a horrible dancer then I'm a dying tune.

"She'll do the same at your wedding." I remind her.

She scoffs. "Me, get married? Of course not. Never."

As she says that, I remember my father's words from yesterday. Ayaan, I'm getting married to him. Aleena notices my frown and asks about my low mood. I exhale a deep breath, "Aleena, I'm getting married."

I hear her gasp from the other end of the line. I can just feel that smirk occupying her face. I mentally give myself a reminder to give Aleena a slap next time I see her.

"Don't-"I warn, knowing what inappropriate thoughts are going on in her mind.

She giggles innocently. "What- I didn't say anything."

I sighs upsettingly replying. "There's no need for words, Aleena. Never rely on your speech, it brought me nowhere."

"Raihana-"

"I gotta go, see you at the wedding."

I end the call.

With no other occupation, I get in the bathroom. You don't know pain until you find yourself staring at your appearance in the mirror with tears streaming down your face and your begging yourself to just hold on and be strong.

My heart filled with unreasonably, useless emotions while I step into the warm water. As the water sprays forcefully onto my face, I let my feelings take over my body. I cry for no reason whatsoever. My hand over my mouth, I let myself die inside.

I cry in the shower knowing that however many tears fall, they won't compete to the amount of water drops in this shower. It's easiest to cry in the shower because I'm not able to tell apart the difference between the water and the tears.

If I told anyone how many times I've sat alone on the shower floor, I promise they'd cry too.

I walk out of there like nothing happened.

I sit on my bed with the Quran in my hand, reading ever so softly out loud. I recite every Surah while trying desperately not to burst out crying again. I finish after kissing the Quran three times and rewrapping the holy book back into the soft cloths from before.

I tighten my scarf around my head and stand up to recite my Salah. I recite my prayer and settle down to pray my Dua at the end.

"Ya rabbi; I spend my days ignoring you, my nights disobeying you. But you never forgot about me, not even for a second. Ya rabbi guide me. Ya Allah change me. Ameen."