No Escape

Chapter 16

-Raihana Malik-

Arsen leads me and Arezo down to the same tunnel room we were in before. I see a person tied up to a chair. My heart almost stops when I see that Aaron is the person bleeding to death on that chair.

I run up to him when I hear his cough. "It's okay," I whisper. "You're gonna be okay."

I realizes that I can't escape form Arsen, ever. I realize that I will never see my family again. I've known that for a long time. Only now, I notice a way to take advantage of my position.

"Arsen?" I confront, finally speaking up for the first time. "I will do whatever you want. If you let him go."

Arsen twists his head abruptly to face me, "anything?" He smirks.

I exhale a sharp breath, closes my eyes, and reply. "I'll do anything your heart pleases, but when I'm sure that Aaron is safe at home with his family. I promise, I won't try to run away. Ever."

"Raihana, no, don't do that." Aaron coughs up. His wrists are still bloody from trying to cut open the rope with a broken wine glass he found on the floor earlier.

I look down to Aaron who's hurt head is resting on my lap. "Shh. Don't say anything. Just trust me, if your happy I'm happy. I want to make sure your happy with the girl you love. I want you to grow old with her, and have kids. And I want you to be happy and forget about me! Aaron never remember me."

"How can I leave you here, you really think that I will leave you here? I thought I lost you, I won't leave you." Aaron weakly looks up to my eyes, "I won't loose you again."

"Remember that, Okay?" I smile and kiss his forehead before looking at Arsen. "I will stay here. I will do whatever you ask me to. Just let him out."

Aaron places something in my palm and I wrap my fingers around the cell phone. I quickly place it in my pocket, making sure Arsen didn't notice.

Arsen smirks at me, having very creative ideas on what he could make me do. But he freezes. "Say it again."

"I will do whatever you tell me to, once Khalid is safe and away from here."

"That's all I had to hear, darling." Arsen says. He calls up a few guys who proceed to pick up Aaron as he's kicking and yelling, refusing.

"Forget about me, never remember me! Raihana is dead!" I yell with my last energy left in my body.

"No, wait!" He yells, struggling to get out of the buff guys's arms. "Leave me alone! I'm not leaving!Raihana, I don't wanna loose you."

His distant yells of forgiveness and refusal were heard as they take him up the ladder and out of the house that I will stay in now, and forever.

Arezo's arms wrap around my shoulders and I let my tears spill. I shake my head rapidly, unable to process the thought of staying in this house all my life. I haven't only ruined my own life, but also Arezo's.

Oh god, what have I done...

"Arezo, I'm so sorry, I was so selfish. I just ruined your life. I'm sorry." I apologize with my rapid speech.