c7

I was brought to the basement where I noticed that another person was in one of the cells. Nick pulled me to the cell where the new prisoner was. He then opened the cell and pushed me into it.

"Please, don't," I begged.

"Sage?" a familair, masculine voice called.

I turned to the new prisoner with wide eyes and whispered, "Mike!"

He stood up and wrapped his large arms around me, embracing me into a warm hug.

"W-what are you doing here?" I frowned.

We pulled away from the hug and held hands instead.

"Last night, after my regular jogging routine, somebody snuck up behind me as I made my way home. The person knocked me out, and then I woke up here," Mike answered.

I looked behind me at a mischievously smiling Nick. I then gave my attention to Mike.

"What are you doing here?" Mike questioned.

"My brother made some deal with Nick, and now I'm basically collateral," I answered.

"How long have you been here?" Mike asked with narrowed eyebrows.

"I-I don't know.  Maybe 5 days," I told.

"Are you okay? Nothing hurt, right?" Mike asked with a concerned look on his face.

I nodded my head to his first question, and he wrapped me into another hug.

"I've missed you so much," he whispered.

"I've missed you too," I admitted before pushing him off of me, "but you're no good!"

"I was wrong for cheating on you, Sage. I regret it everyday. If we make it out of here. I swear-" Mike got out before Nick rudely cut him off.

"False promises are the worst," Nick smirked. "Furthermore, only one of you will make it out alive."

If Nick attacked Mike to get back at me, I didn't plan to give him the pleasure of sweet satisfaction. If Mike's life was in danger because of me, then I'd sacrifice myself to keep him alive. It was only right.

"End my life," I offered. "I rather you end mine than Mike's."

"Um, no," Nick disagreed. "When I kindly gave you the option to choose between Mike's life or Jasmine's,  you made no decision. If Mike wants to live, he'll have to fight for his life."

"Kindly? You asked me to choose who should die, and you think that was a kind gesture?" I frowned.

"Yes, I do," Nick answered. "In fact, it was one of the most generous gestures I made in these past two years."

"You're a sick, twisted man," I said, hoping to offend him.

"Well, I guess I'm doing my job greatly," Nick argued.

"What lunatic would put you in charge of deciding who lives and who dies?" I frowned.

"Lucifer himself," Nick replied, his voice raised.

"Or maybe you're the lunatic, you sick bastard!" I said with a louder voice level.

"You've been pushing my buttons these past five days, and now, I think you need to learn a lesson," he replied in a monotone voice.

He closed the prison cell and took a seat on the chair in front of the cell.

"Mike, how is your mom?" Nick questioned.

"Don't you dare touch a finger on her head!" Mike yelled.

"I won't....if you make it out of the cell alive," Nick smiled. "Hidden in the cell is a knife. Either you kill Sage, which will save your mother, or die knowing your mother will soon join you in hell."