c8

I sat at the table, calmly picking at my food. I didn't have an appetite nor was I in the mood to digest anything.

"Are you not hungry?" Nick asked.

I shrugged in response, not very clear of the answer myself. My stomach was grumbling, but I couldn't find it in myself to eat or drink anything.

"How did you know?" I asked.

I had finally asked the question that was bothering me. Nick frowned before realization of what I was asking about hit him. How did he know about the baby and the cheating? Why did he know?

"Always do your research," he stated.

"Why did you make it your business to know?" I questioned.

"Now that's my business to know and for you to not find out," Nick said before finishing his last pancake. "Eat up. I need you energized."

"For what?" I frowned, fear evident in my tone.

I hoped he didn't take my suggestion of finding a new sex buddy and decided to use me as that person.

"A little activity," Nick briefly answered.

"What type of activity?" I gulped.

"You'll find out when you arrive," he responded.

I nodded and began eating the pancakes.

"Curious question: have you ever been into a fight?" Nick asked.

I shook my head and replied, "I'm not the fighter type."

He hummed in response.

"Why?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Just curious," he bullshitted.

I knew there was more reason to it, but I also didn't want to overstep any boundaries and get punished, so I decided to shut my big mouth.

"How are things going with my brother?" I asked.

"I haven't done a check up on him as yet," Nick answered.

"What does he have to do anyways?" I questioned.

"Find my father's ring and bring it to me," Nick informed.

"You threatened his life over a ring?" I frowned.

"Its not just any ring," he defended. "It's extremely rare and priceless, but most importantly, my father gave that to me."

"I had gotten in an argumemt, again, with your brother, and to get back at me, he stole my ring. The fool got it stolen from himself, so now, I plan tl kill anyone involved in the crime," Nick said nonchalantly. "Junior is an exception though."

Of all the crimes he committed, why did he feel that others should be punished for doing a fraction of what he did regularly?

"Look at the pot calling the kettle black," I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you say?" he frowned.

"Nothing," I said.

He reinforced his question, and I reinforced my lie.

"Everything I have was worked for and earned by myself. I never stole anything from anyone," Nick argued.

"Yet you've stolen so many lives from loved ones," I rebutted.

"Loved ones? Ha!" Nick sarcastically replied. "Love is a pathetic replacement for the word fear."

"Well, just because no one loves you, doesn't mean that people aren't loved!" I stated.

"And I'm perfectly fine with that," he claimed. "I'd rather be feared than have fear."

"Everyone has a fear," I argued.

"Well, I'm not 'everyone,'" Nick argued back.

"Well, I'm gonna learn your fear," I promised.

"Not before I have your bones trembling and teeth chattering from fearing me," he promised.

"Well, we'll see," I huffed.

"Fine," he confirmed before sipping his orange juice. "Your clothes arrived last night."

"I'm more worried about when I'm free to leave," I noted.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, you're leaving the house today for the activity," Nick told, causing me to roll my eyes in response, "but you'll be coming right back."

I sighed before asking, "Where are my things?"

"In the room you'd be in if you weren't so annoying," he answered. "Thinking about it, I don't believe you'll ever get to stay in that room."

"No need for you to be hospital anyways," I sarcastically replied.

"Well, you're not a guest, to be fair," he replied.

"Right, I'm just collateral," I responded.

"Exactly," he agreed with an ostentatious smile.

It bothered me that he had the appearance of a posh man, but had no type of grace. He was a stone-cold man with eyes that could easily make one petrified. His eyes were dark and lifeless, and his serious posture made his intimidating look even more terrifying; nevertheless, his perfectly toned, muscular body, and his alluring face made his appearance somewhat oxymoronic.

"What are you staring at?" Nick questioned, his authorative voice booming throughout the walls of the quiet dining room.

I shook my head in response and ate some more of my breakfast.

Indeed,  he was a cold, dangerous man, but he had fed me despite the fact that I tried to poison him. Plus, he couldn't have been that bad of a person if he took care of Kendall. At the same time, the negatives that he was known for transcended any possible good within him, and I felt that this was done purposefully by him.