c21

I entered Nick's room with a serious expression on my face.

"You okay?" Nick frowned.

"We need to have a talk, Nick," I said, dismissing his question.

"Okay, about what?" Nick asked.

"Us, my brother, the shootouts," I briefly answered.

He sat up, and I sat next to him on his bed.

"What about us?" Nick questioned.

"No, no, no, I wanna talk about the shootouts first," I directed. "Who is in charge of them and why are they happening?"

"A couple of...disfollowers...um, well, they're attacking my gangs to get my attention," Nick answered.

"Why?" I asked.

"We have a long line of beef," he told. "They're just being cowards by attacking my followers instead of me."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I questioned.

"You never asked," he pointed out.

True.

"Well, Junior thinks people will try to come after me to get to you," I told.

"Nah, nobody has the balls to do that," he dismissed. "And even if, I would protect you."

"What if you don't see it coming?" I asked.

"I know everything," he claimed.

"Do you really?" I questioned.

"Yup," he confirmed.

I raised my eyebrows and said, "Then you should know that I want my brother home."

"Sure, when he finds and returns my ring," Nick argued.

"But that's not fair!" I argued.

"How?" Nick asked.

"You're having him risk his life for a ring," I noted.

"A ring that he stole from me, and then managed to have it get stolen from himself," Nick pointed out.

"Well, I don't care! Tell my brother he can come home without the ring," I demanded.

"What makes you think I'll do that?" Nick frowned.

"You either do what I ask, or....," I said while trying to think of something compelling.

"Or what?" Nick asked.

"Or lose me," I stated.

"What?" Nick asked with narrowed eyebrows.

"You heard me," I reinforced.

"Apparently not very well," Nick replied.

"It's either one, Nick," I enforced. "Which is most important to you: losing the ring to an enemy of yours, or losing your bro and girlfriend?"

His jaw clenched, and I could tell that he was angry because of the choices I restricted him to.

"You're not serious right now," he said through gritted teeth.

"I most definetly am," I argued.

"Fine," he mumbled.

"Fine what?" I asked.

"He can come home without the ring," Nick gave in, but I could still see the anger in his eyes.

"Thank you so much!" I squeled while tightly hugging him.

He didn't respond with words. Instead, he just accepted the hug.

"Don't ever put me in a position like that again," he said, and I nodded in response.

"We're gonna get your ring," I promised before breaking the hug.

Nick called my brother and told him that he could come home, and my heart raced in my chest from the excitement I was already feeling.

"He's far out of state, so it'll take three days, maybe even four, for him to arrive to town," Nick informed.

I nodded in understanding before hugging him again.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Anything for you, love," he whispered into my ears.

I gave him a hard smooch on his cheek, and he looked down into my eyes and smiled widely.

"You kissed me," he smiled.

"Don't we-" I said before being cut off.

"No, I normally kiss you, but this time you kissed me," he noted.

I smiled at the fact that he took close details to the interactions we had.

"Whatever," I chuckled.

"Don't 'whatever' me," he joked.

"Shut up," I smiled.

"Make me," he winked.

I straddled him and wrapped my arms around his neck before pressing my lips onto his. My eyes flutterred close as I began to enjoy the kiss. I slightly slid my tongue on his lips, and he was quick to give me the entrance I wanted.

I slowly laid him down as my tongue danced with his. He placed his hands on my hips to hold me in place and groaned within the kiss. I smiled in satisfaction from knowing that he too was affected by it. I cupped his face and deepened the kiss as a slight moan escaped my lips.

He cupped my butt cheeks and softly squeezed them before flipping our bodies so that he'd lay in between my legs. He pulled away from the kiss and trailed kisses on my neck. I took the moment to calm my breathing, but my breath increased again when I felt him gently sucking on my neck as his hands entered my shirt and traveled up my body.

A low moan escaped my lips, causing Nick to place another kiss on my neck before smirking at me.

"You good?" Nick teased. I nodded in response and sat up, but Nick lowered me onto the bed once more before saying, "I'm not done with you yet."

I gulped at the lust present in his eyes, and he winked at me, causing me to blush heavily.

"Uh...um...what do you mean?" I asked.

"I think we both know what I me-" he said before his phone rang.

He sighed before answering the call.

"What?" Nick growled, causing me to slightly jump. "Don't y'all have sense? What all of y'all brains put together make only half? I don't care! Am I a leader of dummies?"

After a moment of silence, Nick sighed and replied,"Tell the others to come by tonight. Once all of you are here, we'll talk about this."

With that said, Nick hung up and exhaled a deep breath.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, a few of my people were attacked a couple of minutes ago. One of them is in the hospital now,"

"These attacks are spiralling out of hand," I noted. "That was the fifth one so far."

"I know, and now it's time to put a stop to them," Nick responded.