Something Special For My Girl

Hey Guys!!!!

VOTE PLEASE ;) --------------------------->

I uploaded sooner :) I really wanted to upload this one it's like one of my favourite chappies

so far, hope you guys enjoy it toooo! I have holidays coming up so hopefully lots of writing then!!!

ENJJJJOY ;) xxx

Listen to the song on the side, it's such a cute song, like seriously, and it's Tyler's ringtone on Valerie's phone! <3

Love Lena

Valerie’s POV

I get home in the morning, not tired at all, just refreshed and unable to keep the goofy smile off my face. My sister’s home for once and I glide past her saying an offhand hi without stopping to greet her properly. “Val?” With an inward sigh I turn to face her. “Do you have a minute?” She looks happy; she too has a silly grin on her face. Tyler’s put me in a good mood, usually I’d just flip her off but this time I head over to the couch with a nod. She brings in a tray with orange juice and this microwaveable self-saucing chocolate pudding. “Here.” She hands me a fork and starts to eat. “What’s up?” “I’m so sorry.” She blurts. I’m shocked; I have never heard my sister say sorry before in my life. “What?”

A tear leaks out of her eye. My eyes widen in surprise. Had Verity changed that much in the year I had not spoken to her? “I’m sorry.” She whispered. “What for?” I ask dumbly. To be honest I don’t know if this is really happening. Like I’m pretty sure I’m imagining this. The real Verity would be blowing me off for parties, her friends, her boyfriend; she’s way too cool to have time for her kid sister. She wouldn’t be crying in front of me, apologizing, after making me a dessert for breakfast. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. At first I was, but it was only cause the novelty of being an adult and taking care of someone, but as soon as that died away… I’m so sorry I wasn’t there for you when you needed me most, especially since Mum and Dad…”

I can tell she’s honestly meaning every word of her apology, and I can’t help but let my bitter armor fall. “It’s alright; I mean I’d rather have an older sister who has a life, with an extremely hot boyfriend than a lame, nerdy one. That would so totally kill my rep.” I joke, trying desperately to lighten the mood and make her feel better. She lets out a sniffley laugh before wrapping her skinny long arms around me and pulling me into a hug. 

We declare sisterly bonding time and cry our way through movies… and several buckets of cookie dough ice cream. We cook our nana’s famous recipe for lasagna together, making way too much so we have to stuff our stomachs full. And for the first time in ages, we fall asleep together on the couch – just like we used to.

Repairing my relationship with Verity made me chirpier, everyone was constantly asking me what had happened to cheer me up so much. And you know that feeling you get when you know someone has your back? Yeah, that didn’t feeling didn’t die out, even months after our sisterly re-bonding time.

-Few months later-

There’s a huge growl, coming from right underneath my bed, I hear it subconsciously and jolt awake, my body frozen in fear, my heart beating double time. I stay still in the dark for ages, daring to sneak a peek under my bed every once in a while. I think of what it could be… Until I realise with shame, that it was my own snoring. I blush, even though I’m just by myself and let out shaky laughter, thanking God that it’s wasn’t a huge ass scary monster, but embarrassed I was stupid enough to think that it was. With a sigh, I snuggle deeper into the blankets and let myself drift into dreamland once again.