Chapter One

Mello sat on the bench at a park, he was eating a chocolate bar and was feeling rather alone. He sighed and finished the chocolate bar and put the wrapper in the bin.

He looked up and saw a boy sitting at the fountain. He had short brown hair, goggles on the top of his head, too. He wore a black and white stripped T-shirt and a furry coat. He had blue jeans on, and rather large black boots. Mello stared in awe at him, he was quite a sight to him. You could say that Mello fell in love. Of course, he had just met him...You don't know if he's trouble! He could be Kira! He could kill him!

The male noticed Mello staring and waved to him, smiling. Mello blushed a light pink and waved back, also smiling. The male walked over to him and sat beside him.

"Hey." He said, he had a deep tone of voice but Mello liked the way it sounded.

"H-Hello..." Mello stuttered, he was stunned at how handsome the brunette male was.

"I'm Matt," he said extending a hand. "What's your name?"

Mello took his hand and shook it. "I-I'm Mello..." he replied looking into his eyes.

"Well, our names are just an alias, aren't they, we can't trust anyone around here because of Kira..." Matt said with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah..." Mello replied, he blushed deeply realizing he still had a firm grip on Matt's hand. Matt chuckled slightly.

"I'm heading to the grocery store, wanna come? I just need...something." Matt said, clearly avoiding saying what he wanted to get there. He might have been afraid to set a bad impression on himself.

Mello nodded and stood up, which Matt did, too.

Matt started walking down the street and Mello quickly followed. He hesitantly took Matt's hand, hoping he wouldn't pull it away. But to his surprise, he intertwined his fingers with his and squeezed it tightly and smiled. Mello smiled back and giggled quietly.

They got to the grocery store and went inside.

"You want anything?" Matt asked, grabbing a basket.

"I'm...um..I'm running low on chocolate...C-Can I get some of th-that?" Mello replied, stuttering.

Matt smiled at him. "Sure, you can!" Mello smiled back, a faint blush visible on his cheeks. They walked down to the candy aisle and Mello picked up a bar of milk chocolate. He put it in the basket and smiled. Matt smiled back and walked over to the milk and put it in the basket and headed to the counter. He also asked for some cigarettes and payed from them all.

As they walked out the store, Matt handed Mello his chocolate bar and Mello ate it quickly.

'He really likes chocolate...' Matt said, blushing slightly.

"Mello? Shouldn't we go home, now?" Matt asked as they arrived back at the park.

"Yeah...Home." he laughed sarcastically.

"What's wrong? Do you have nowhere to go?" Matt asked, simply worried for his new friend.

"Uhhh...N-No...I don't..." Mello said, sighing.

"Don't worry," Matt replied, taking Mello's hand again, "You can come live with me if you would like."

Mello looked at the boy, his eyes filled up with tears of joy. "Y-You really mean it?" He said in through sobs.

"Of course I do." He smiled.

"Thank you!" He hugged him tightly.

"You're welcome, Mells." Matt replied. Mello smiled at the nickname.

"Is Mells my nickname?" Mello giggled, wrapping his arms around Matt's arm and putting his head on his shoulder.

"I guess so." Matt smiled, blushing again.

"Then...Your nickname is..." Mello giggled. "Matty."

Matt blushed deeply at how cute that nickname was. Mello giggled again. Matt smiled and picked him up, stilling carrying the bag. Mello blushed but snuggled up into his chest, Matt smiled again.

A little while later, they arrived at Matt's home. Mello had fallen asleep so when Matt got inside, he put Mello on the sofa and went into the kitchen to put the milk in the fridge. He walked back inside the living room. Mello was awake again and was watching the TV. Matt sat down beside him.

Mello hugged him tightly and snuggled up into his side. Matt smiled and put his arms around him and kisses his forehead. Mello blushes a deep red, Matt just laughs at his reaction. Mello moves close to him and sits on his lap.

Matt cupped his cheek and pulled him closer to him, kissing him sweetly. Mello's eyes widened in shock but happiness too, and he kissed back putting his hands on his shoulders. Matt smiled into the kiss and licks his lips demanding entrance, he puts his hands onto Mello's hips.

Mello slowly opens his mouth and Matt quickly puts his tongue into his mouth, licking everywhere he possibly can. Mello moaned quietly. Matt slowly pulls away as a trail of saliva connected their tongues together. Matt broke it by hugging Mello tightly.

"I love you, Mells." Matt said with little breath. Mello smiled and hugged back. "I love you, too, Matty." He replied. They both fell asleep on the sofa and went into a deep slumber, Mello was lying on top of Matt, he smiled as he heard his soft, quiet snoring. He giggled quietly and snuggled into him, Matt smiled in his sleep and put his arms around him.

~~~To Be Continued~~~