Chapter 4

Christian POV 

I was texting Madi late into the night, as usual, when Caitlin came home. For the first time in weeks. I got out of bed....in boxers or not, I was going to ask her where she had been. 

"Caitlin....what are you doing here?! You've been gone for weeks! You don't know how worried I was!" She thinks she can just show up like nothing happened...that she didn't just leave? FOR WEEKS!

"I-- I just went to a friend's house." She said, looking at the ground. She was such a liar. 

"For almost a month?! Without taking anything? Cailtin, you're a mess. You have--is that dirt? You have dirt all over you!" I was trying not to scream at her, but then a realization hit me smack in the face. DIRT. The park...the buried girl. "Caitlin!! I know what you did!! I'm going to call the police!"

"Christian! Please don't...I don't know what came over me. I swear!!" She looked distressed...I can't believe I covered for her. There was no boyfriend, Madi just wondered where she was...so I made up a lie. Because I didn't even know where she was. 

"I won't this time Caitlin..just go clean up. And I don't ever want this to happen again." I hated being the younger brother, but still having to take care of her. I can't believe she would do something like this. 

I had to tell Madi, it was seriously time to tell the truth. I got back in my bed, and read the last text Madi sent to me, "Christian Jacob Beadles, I luv u so much. Good night, baby" I guess she was tired...I'll tell her tomorrow. Good night world. 

But before I could fall asleep...I heard something. Like a window opening. Caitlin was running away again. This was going to be the last time. I got up, for the second time, and ran to her room. The only thing I saw was an open window. I don't know what had come over her these days. I think when Justin dumped her...she began to want 'revenge' on the world or something. Because it was after that that she started disappearing. 

I felt bad for her..she was gonna have to find out about Jessica. Oh...my...god...JESSICA!! What was she going to do to her when she found out?! I had to tell them all tomorrow. 

I didn't sleep very well that night. How can you when you're worried your friends will all be buried tomorrow?