Chapter 16: The Lion's Spirit

Robin

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When Robin realized he wasn't in some creature's belly, he almost jumped with joy.

Well he would've, if he hadn't been tied down to where he was.

Instantly he could see that he was in a memory.

Robin studied his surroundings. He was in a boat traveling up the Nile and into southern Egypt.

There were twenty rowers working to get the boat moving, and Robin was in the narrow part of the back of the boat.

Four chains held him in his place, two for his hands and the other two for his feet.

A man with the same dark skin as the rowers approached Robin.

It was obvious that he was some sort of Nubian nobleman.

He was dressed much like the noblemen of Egypt. A white, silk cloth reaching his ankles and jewelry all over him.

"My queen Ajala has brought you here, from your stay in Lower Egypt, with the intentions of you defeating your pharaoh giving the land to the rightful ruler."

Robin growled. "Never."

The Nubian chuckled. "I do not see that you have much of a choice."

As they were making their way up the Nile and out of Lower Egypt, Robin noticed the sun rising. When it got to its highest point, Robin would summon the sun for help.

But right now he had to stall.

"Why would I betray my king," Robin started, "the reincarnation of Horus? He is a god-king. When he finds out what you have done, he will take the lives of you all with just one command."

The Nubian was not fazed. "Your pharaoh, the god-king, is a fat lard."

Robin could admit that the pharaoh was a rather large man, but he still led the Egyptians in making prosperous temples and monuments.

Robin looked up at the sky. He assumed it was only minutes for the sun to rise to the perfect level.

"Nubian, mark my words, you will be found by my pharaoh and his punishment will not be a quick death. It will be slow and painful and torturous. My pharaoh shall be feared!"

The Nubian's confidence didn't fade. "Where do you think we are going?"

Robin looked back and scanned the scenery around him. Small buildings were beginning to reveal themselves over the horizon.

Robin recognized the city, his home, instantly.

They had been sailing in the Nile to Thebes, the home of Amenhotep III.

They would soon be reaching the dock. Robin needed the power of Ra now.

He looked up at the sky and smiled. The sun was in the right position.

Robin lifted his hands as high as he could and continued to stare up at the sun. "Ra, burn all the enemies of Egypt who are on this boat. Save your worshippers."

Nothing happened. The Nubians hadn't been burned to ashes by fireballs from the sun like Robin expected.

Then Robin felt it. Pure power, pure strength, pure rage.

With one hearty pull of the arms he was free of his binds.

Robin bent down and reached his feet to pull the the chains off of those.