Chapter 21: Breakout

Hope

Hope had spent this past day, or weeks in her dimension, mastering her powers. With guidance from Bast, she learned that she could harness the powers of different types of cats. Whenever she did so, Hope would have certain features from the cat.

There were very few times where she didn't choose to get her strength from big cats.

At first, when she originally got into the fighting dimension, it was just an empty black pit that seemed to have no walls, ceilings, or floors. Now the fighting dimension changed frequently, from jungles, to deserts, and even to snowy mountain ranges.

Hope could never find herself to sticking to one cat though, even if she was in one location. The more she fought with Apophis, the more she learned about big cats

She changed the cat she summoned her abilities from during each task. To climb a tree, she learned the best big cat to use was an Amur leopard. Whenever she did so, her hair would become sleek and a copper color and her eyes a brilliant light blue-green color. Her outfit turned into a spotted copper bodysuit that matched her hair.

When swimming, Hope decided to be a white Bengal tiger. With the tiger spirit inside her, her hair became as white as snow with loose waves and her eyes became a vibrant aquamarine blue. Her leather catsuit would get solid black and white stripes.

But Hope's favorite was the cheetah. With the cheetah spirit inside her she could run as fast as she wanted. She could even give the Flash a challenge. Real life cheetahs could only run seventy miles per hour, but the godly essence inside her helped Hope run over five times that speed. 

The spirit of the cheetah also gave Hope her favorite ability: the Infinite Mass Punch. This helped her keep Apophis off of her for a few hours, but she was always in need of a recharge of energy afterwards and could only perform it every few days.

When she mixed the animal's appearance with her own, she gained straight, spotted, dull golden hair and warm brown eyes, accompanied with the classic cheetah print catsuit.

Hope's day fighting Apophis began as any ordinary day, well, as ordinary it would get for Hope in her situation. 

Today her environment was a mountain range, but it was strangely on an island. Hope remembered one of her past geography lessons, and she believed that the island looked a lot like Greece.

Hope sat criss cross applesauce at the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and prepared to meditate. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Bast would guide her to the right choice of the cat she was meant to morph into.

Bast's presence inside her pointed her in the direction of the mountain lion, or cougar if you will.

Hope brought her slow breaths to none at all and prepared for the change of her body. Whenever she changed, it was not only a physical change, but also an inner change.

Her senses sharpened, her instincts became more and more accurate, but spiritually, her mind was so different than it was when she was a plain human. 

Hope analyzed every little thing about Apophis, trying to find things like weaknesses and consistent fighting to styles to help her lean how to dodge or block those attacks. 

She also felt much more confident in the things she did. Unlike her sister, Hope always felt insecure about how she looked or what her actions would make her look like. She was always the popular girl's twin sister.

In Hope's mind while she was half cat, Faith was the badass's twin sister.

Hope's hunched walk turned into a bold strut. Her doubting thoughts turned into optimistic dreams. Her over thought moves turned into spontaneous actions. She even started arrogantly taunting Apophis during their fights.