Chapter 18: Psyche and Eros 2

Eros (Davis)

"Please Zephyr. Surely you could not let such a beautiful creature have a fate like that."

Eros was in the cave of Zephyrus, the god of the west wind. The reason Eros went to him instead of  the other three wind gods was because he was the gentlest of them all, the bearer of good news. The good news being spring, one of the seasons that Persephone was allowed home.

Eros thrashed his wings. He hated his short attention span. He needed to focus on saving his one true love.

"I cannot go against your mother," Zephyrus finally spoke up.

Zephyrus was sitting at a table, flapping his wings as if he could not wait for their conversation to be over. He was the wind after all.

Eros looked around the room. "Do you see the flowers and other nature things in here?"

Zephyrus scrunched his eyebrows. "I do not see how they matter."

"What if I told you she had the eyes of the nymphs that flutter to your caves in search of refuge?" Eros asked, using the tongue of persuasion he had learned.

Eros's point wasn't really relevant, but he had trouble thinking of reasons why Zephyrus should save Psyche.

 Zephyrus sighed, unaffected by Eros's attempt at enchanting him. "That's not even a good point. Anyways, I cannot. Your mother would have my head."

Eros's eyes flashed red for a second before returning to blue. He shook his head, as if scolding himself.

If he were to get Zephyrus to help him, he would need to stray from his father's violence and use his mother's false sweetness to help him. 

"You do remember that time I saved you from Apollo's hand, do you not?"

There was silence, meaning Eros had gotten what he wanted.

Zephyrus gulped. "Yes."

Zephyrus and Apollo had fallen in love with the same man, Hyacinth. 

Hyacinth was a young Spartan man, fit and handsome.

Hyacinth and Apollo had been lovers, but Zephyrus admired him and was jealous whenever he saw Apollo with him.

One day, Apollo and Hyacinth were throwing a discus, and Zephyrus was overwhelmed with envy. He was angry that Hyacinth was in love with Apollo, and not him.

When Hyacinth went to catch the discus so he could impress Apollo, Zephyrus blew the discus off course and it hit Hyacinth, injuring and killing the Spartan.

Apollo was enraged and tried to kill Zephyrus, but Eros stopped him from doing it. Eros claimed he did so because it was an act of love.

What Eros did would forever leave Zephyrus in his debt.

Eros knew this, and that was the perfect reason for Zephyrus.

"Fine," Zephyrus sighed, "Where must I meet her?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Eros!"

Eros sighed. He was in his home instead of his workroom on Olympus. This was the only place where he could think, and also the final destination of Psyche after her fake funeral.

Eros went over the plan in his head once again.

Psyche would be flown from the cliff at her funeral and to the meadow outside Eros's house.