Chapter 10: New You

--------------------------------------------

Zonnique

Isis's symbol was hanging there changing colors and turning around in midair while the goddess was floating silently next to it.

"At last, my champion," the floating queen said breezily.

She traced a pink symbol in the air and she landed on the ground, but the way she carried herself still looked as if she was floating. Isis scoffed. "It is no wonder that Melominera got the first champion. Her champions tend to be so inquisitive." She muttered to herself.

Zonnique had been standing there confused. Unlike Melominera, Isis was easier going and less scary. This meant that she wasn't shaking like Faith had been. Just confused. "Who are you?"

The goddes lauged a, breezy laugh. "Have they not taught you about their Egyptian rulers? Do you not recognize my sign?"

Zonnique didn't no whether to be embarrassed or laugh along with the Isis. The magician's laugh had been a warm and inviting one, yet it was obvious that the same voice that produced the wonderful sound could still gravely harm you.

Zonnique just decided to shake her head. Isis frowned. "I am your queen, Isis. Goddess of magic. My tears have made the Nile flood and produced my people with one more year of grain. I have tricked the king Ra into giving me his secret name. Do you not know me?"

Now Zonniqe was scared. Unsure of what to do, she bowed on her knees. The goddess laughed more of her gentle laugh. The symbol next to her changed colors even faster as she did. "Do not bow my girl, you are me, you are a goddess."

Zonnique stood up quickly. "Yes ma'am."

Isis sighed and with a brush of her hand, wiped away the symbol. She noticed the confused look on Zonnique's face. "Has Melominera's champion not told you about this place? About the gods? About you're calling?"

"Who?" Zonnique asked.

"Faith they call her," Isis explained.

Zonnique shook her head. "She only led me in here. Then she left because the magic was too strong or something."

"Aah," Isis nodded. "Melominera wasn't really one for magic. I will try and calm it down. Bring Melominera's champion in."

Zonnique did as she was told. She opened the library door and called Faith in. "Isis says she calmed down the magic."

Faith nodded and walked into the library. She fearfully looked at Isis and approached. She bowed down in front of her.

"No need for that champion of Ne-" the goddes interrupted herself and giggled lightly, "I mean Melominera."

Zonnique wondered what was so funny. Faith stood up and looked annoyed, but bit her tongue.

"Come closer my children, I have something to show you," Isis made motions with her hands that said "come here".

Zonnique walked forward without a doubt while Faith walked forward hesitantly.

Isis touched both of their heads and whispered something Zonnique couldn't make out.

One minute, they were standing in a library full of scrolls the next, they're in a chamber with white marble walls and cool tiles on the ground, which they were standing on barefoot. The room was lit by torches in a tall marble columns with light shining through the dome like glass on the marble columns. The sun was streaming into the room through the East. Sunrise.

Instead of what they were wearing before, Zonnique and Faith were wearing long white dresses, see-through and flimsy.

"It is a surprise to see Melominera without her usual battle armor," Isis remarked.