Chapter 8: Unexpected

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Don

It was nighttime and everyone decided to put someone on watch at the entrance. Their first choice was obviously Don. Nobody wanted to hear him cry and complain about him not getting bitches that night.

Don armed himself with his gun and walked out of his room to the lobby.

After about thirty minutes of being guard, he heard movements. Don looked around for the disturbance.

Since he didn't see anything, Don just shrugged it off. But two minutes later, he heard the same noises again. Don pulled his gun close and started searching the lobby for the source of the mysterious noises.

Don searched behind couches, under tables, and behind doors, but he still didn't see anything. Don gave up and turned to walk back to his post on one of the couches in the lobby when someone popped up behind him, causing Don to jump.

When Don got a good look at who it was he had seen it was Faith. "Why you scarin me like that?" he whispered fiercely.

Seeing his sister how she was broke his heart. She was wearing her old, pink thick rimmed glasses and a sad expression. Faith was also wearing her curly, hazel colored hair in a shy tight bun on top of her head, which she never did. Faith's hairstyles had always been loud and outrageous.

"I'm trying to find clues on what's happenin here and how to get us out," Faith answered.

In Faith's hand was a notebook with Faith's little scribbled handwriting. Don could only make out a drawing of what looked like a wind vane with the letters KHTS.

"You close?" Don asked, forgetting the events of earlier that day.

Faith shook her head. "It'll take me a while."

Don looked down at his feet, in a guilty way. "Sorry for letting... all that shit happen to you today. I shoulda at least said somethin or stopped what was happenin."

Faith shook her head. "You don't have to apologize. I deserved getting my ass whopped." Faith chuckled a little before going back to her neutral face. "Let's just not talk about it no more."

Don nodded in agreement. "I'm on watch tonight but I ain't doin shit. I can help you Scooby Doo and find clues if you want."

Faith laughed. "Whatever nigga."

The sibling looked around the lobby for things that seemed out of the ordinary but weren't very successful. They gave up and decided to go searching around upstairs where the rooms were, hoping to find another secret room.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hope

Hope heard the creaking of a wooden floor. She decided to go all stupid girl from horror movies and check out the source of the scary sound.

Hope searched for her fuzzy slippers and put them on. She walked to the door and slightly opened it.

Hope didn't see anything so she decided to go out and get a better look. How in the hell this bitch decide to take bunny slippers but not even a flashlight? But I ain't even mad. Back to the story.

Hope stepped outside of her room and into the dimly lit corridor. She looked around and saw two people snooping around in the hallway.

Standing there with a notebook full of scribbles in her hand was Faith. With Don. Hope could practically feel her blood boiling.