Mr. Rage Quit

After Michael's shift ended, he made his way to a nearby Taco Bell. When he received his food, he made his way over to a small window table. He adjusted his meal to his liking and before he took a bite, his phone buzzed. He sighed and set down his food and retrieved his phone from his pocket.

'Michael! Did you get the news?!'

Michael smiled at the device.

'No, Ray. I haven't. What "news" did I not get notified of?'

He chuckled. Ray was one of his closest friends. Sadly, Ray lived in New York, but they sometimes met up, but usually they just played xbox together.

Ray had recently got a job at one of their dream companies, Rooster Teeth. They both were ecstatic, but Michael less so. Don't get him wrong, he was glad that Ray had manage to get in. It's just that they couldn't visit each other anymore. Rooster Teeth was all the way in Austin, Texas.

'Dude! When you get the chance, check your email!'

Michael raised an eyebrow. He shrugged and took a bite of his forgotten taco.

'What the hell man! Don't leave me hanging like that! I won't have wifi until I get home tonight. You know this you little Hispanic bastard!'

'That's what's friends are for! ;) Ttyl, Mr. Rage Quit!'

Michael scowled at the phone. He let out a sigh and checked the time. 'Shit,' he thought. He quickly shoveled the rest of his food and grabbed his things. While walking to GameStop, he removed his apron and folded them up.

He stopped walking. He felt an eerie chill run up his spine. Someone was watching him. He narrowed his eyes and continued walking, a bit faster this time. Once inside his second work place and he rubbed his head. A massive headache just hit him.

"Hey Michael! You okay?"

Michael looked up and gave a small nod to his manager, Alex.

"Fine. Sorry about being a bit late. I was talking to a friend and lost track of time."

Alex waved off his apology.

"Michael. You're on time every single day. It's fine. Come on. We got a store to keep hold of."

Michael nodded. He greatly respected Alex. The man was extremely understanding and just a down right nice guy. Michael went over to the desk and grabbed a small bag he kept there. He placed his other work clothes in it and grabbed the necklace that had his name on it for this job.

During the whole shift Michael thought of two things. What was Ray talking about and who was watching him? Michael has always trusted his instincts, he wasn't planning on changing that now.