A Light in the Darkness

Michael awoke in cold sweat and was panting heavily.

Realizing it was a dream by quickly scanning the room, Michael let out a choked sob. Hot tears streamed down his cheeks. Michael quickly wiped the tears and ran his hand through his messy hair.

He looked over and grabbed the glass of water, he usually kept on his side table, downing the cold liquid in a second. Michael sighed, relief washing over him. He looked over and grabbed his phone, unlocking it.

'It's Saturday. Luckily I don't have work.'

Michael took a few deep breaths and climbed out of bed. He stretched his muscles and felt the bones pop into place. Michael made his way into the kitchen and started the coffee maker. He made his cereal pretty fast and stood there, eating his quickly made breakfast on the counter, thinking about the day's schedule.

'Oh shit! The email Ray told me about! I still haven't checked that!'

He made his coffee in a rush and made his way back to his bedroom to achieve his laptop. Grabbing the device, Michael walked back out and settled onto his comfortable couch, wrapping himself in a blanket before turning on his laptop. He knows he could check it faster on his phone, but he really needs to rely less on the smaller device.

Once the computer was successfully turned on, Michael, while taking a sip of his cooled down coffee, logged into his email. He went into recent mail and almost choked on his drink.

'R-RoosterTeeth?!'

He scanned the letter quickly and he leaned back against the cushions after he read it several times, shock apparent on his face.

"Holy shit...they want....to interview me."

Michael blinked.

"They want to interview me!!! Oh my god!! This is fucking amazing!!"

Michael grin widened as he ran into his room, grabbing his phone and called Ray. Not realizing it was around 5 in the morning in Texas.

"H-Hello? Michael? What the fu-"

"Ray!! Good morning!!!"

Michael heard shuffling on the other end, and then a chuckle.

"Did you get the email?" Ray's voice was lace with happiness, but he was also being smug. Michael could catch on to that pretty quickly.

"I most certainly did! Why didn't you just tell me?!" Michael was practically screaming.

"Dude! Calm down! You know me! I love surprises! As well as giving them!"

"Ray! This is amazing! I might get to work with you! How awesome would that be?!"

"Pretty awesome. Probably not as awesome as you letting me go back to sleep though."

Michael laughed. "Okay, okay. Go back to sleep, you lazy asshole."

"Hey! I showed them your videos! Give me some respect!"

"Let me think about it," Michael leaned away from the phone, than leaned back, "Nope! Anyway. Sweet dreams, Sleeping Beauty!"

"Fuck off."

Ray hung up when Michael started to laugh.

Michael calmed down from his laughter, but still bared a very sincere smile.

'Maybe my life isn't so bad.'

~Hello again! Sorry for the short (well kinda short in content) chapter. If you guys like the story so far, please let me know. I hope you all have a beautiful day/night and I'll see you in the next part! Ciao!♥♡♥~