night texts and lies

Getting his parents to agree was probably the hardest thing he's ever done. His parents believe every little lie that escaped the boys' mouth, but this was the hardest lie of all. And it was strange.

His parents were chatting quietly in the living room when he decided to start his mission. He cleared his throat to catch his parents' attention.

"Excuse me, Mum, Dad? Am I interrupting anything?"

"It's fine, Calum, your mother and I were just doing some random talk." His father smiled and he smiled back.

"Do you need anything, son?" Calum turned to his mum, who was patting the space on the couch next to her, beckoning for him to sit down.

"Um," he made his way over to the couch, sitting awkwardly with his parents staring at him intently. "I wanted to know if I could stay over at Harry's house tomorrow?"

His dad's jaw visibly tensed while his mother narrowed his eyes at him. "Harry? Harry Styles?"

He gulped and nodded. "Yes mother, Harry Styles, one of my best friends. He asked today if I would want - like - to."

His parents completely ignored the last part. "One of your best friends?" his dad asked. "Who's the other? Are they as bad as he is?"

Calum mentally rolled his eyes but answered anyways. "Kennedy - Kennedy Ruff? I've introduced her two you both, yeah?"

"Ah, yes, such a nice young lady she is. You should stick more with people like her, Calum." His mum nodded. If only she knew Kennedy.

"Yeah, yeah, she's great. Oh - she'll be there too."

"Staying over at a boy's house? With two boys? She will sleep in another room, right? This Harry boy wouldn't try anything, right?"

He grew frustrated, but he didn't let it show. On the outside, he sighed. "She will be staying in another room, and Harry will not try anything. She's like a sister to us, Mum."

"Well," his dad clapped his hands together, "I see nothing wrong with this. We'll just give Harry's parents a call." Calum tried not to show signs of bewilderedness.

"So am I free to stay?"

"You are free to stay, son. Just stay out of trouble."

His smiled came off as sweet to his parents, but to anyone else, it looked a bit devilish. "Always. Will do, thank you."

His dad checked his watch, seeing it was eight thirty. "You should go to sleep now, Calum, it's getting late."

"Oh right, right. Good night Mum," he gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Good night Dad," he hugged his dad too while his dad patted his back.

"Good night Calum!" they both said.

'Good nigh indeed', he thought.

One reaching his room, he quickly shut the door and pulled his phone out from his back pocket and texted Harry.

To: HazzaBoy

From: CalPal

guess what !?!?!

Sent 8:34 p.m.

Harry texted back fast.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

i dont know, wat ?

Sent 8:35 p.m.

Calum rolled his eyes.

To: HazzaBoy

From: CalPal

...dont play those games with me mister

Sent 8:37 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

what games, bby?

Sent 8:40 p.m.

To: HazzaBoy

From: CalPal

just guess u little *******

Sent 8:41 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

oooo cursing me out with stars now eh?

Sent 8:43 p.m.

Harry can be annoying at times.

To: HazzaBoy

From: CalPal

i swear in the namE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY

Sent 8:44 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

ok ok um u found out ur a wizard

Sent 8:47 p.m.

To: HazzaBoy

From: CalPal

getting reaal tired of ur bull mate -.-

and no, you're the wizard, Harry.

Sent 8:50 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

...no comment

Sent 8:51 p.m.

To: HazzaBoy

From: CalPal

im just going to the point bc ur hopeless. my parents let me stayy ayyyee (;

Sent 8:53 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

omG rlly :D asdfghjkl; no way omg omg omg omg yaaaaas we get to see ur bf!!

Sent 8:54 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

cal? calum?

Sent 8:56 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

calum mate this isnt funny

Sent 8:58 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

well shit

Sent 9:00 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

shitshitshishitshitshit

Sent 9:04 p.m.

To: CalPal

From: HazzaBoy

lol my phone couldnt autocorrect that hahahah

Sent 9:05 p.m.