parents and calum's ways

THIS IS SO LONG OVERDUE OMFG HOLY SHITT I'M FREAKING OUT RN

-------------------

"Go, go, go!" Calum tried climbing the tree as fast as he could. Except he's not an expert in climbing trees, and he's slipped a couple of times, giving him mini heart attacks. Harry had no problem doing it (it's his house, after all) and Kennedy is really good at sports, so. It's pretty easy for her. Calum - he's a different story.

"Stop rushing me, I might die!" He was already being pulled up anyway, by Harry. Calum's phone was buzzing and he was freaking out, his parents might be calling, his parents might be calling, his parents might be calling.

Then again, what logic is that?

Once both his feet were safe on the floor of Harry's neat bedroom (maybe Harry's mum had cleaned it? it's never this nice-looking) he was quick to get his phone from the front pocket of his jacket and check who it was with shaking hands.

Unknown number.

Calum wanted to cry out in relief, but he had to change. Kennedy was running around the room, looking into many small bags and pulling random items out of them. She had thrown some of Calum's clothes to him and told him to change while she locked herself in the bathroom - probably to change. Duh.

Harry was facing his closet (opposite from Calum) and he decided it would be a great time to change. Since it was Sunday, he had to wear the appropriate clothes because he'd be even more dead if he went out in black ripped skinny jeans and a ripped shirt with old worn-out shoes to his parents. Um, that wouldn't be pretty.

So he had thought it through and although they're still skinny jeans they're denim ones and he made sure to bring with him his new pair of white converse (his mum agreed with his opinion for once, but "they're only for the weekend, Calum, we all know how idiotic teenagers are",). He made sure to button up all the buttons of his red flannel, hoping there weren't any wrinkles in his shirt ("you have to look nice, Calum, at least try this time",) and rolled the sleeves up, stopping below his elbows ("like your dad, he knows how it's done"). Harry didn't have a full-length mirror in his room, he couldn't check if he looked at least presentable. The only mirror he did have was in the bathroom and Kennedy was still in there.

"Calum, don't worry, you look fine," he turned around and he walking towards him, Harry already dressed in his jeans and white T-shirt. They stopped before each other and Harry tried to make Calum's hair look okay. His comb was in the bathroom -"Kennedy! Hurry up!"

"I'm out, I'm out, okay!" she came out barefoot, her black flats in her hands. Her chestnut hair was up in a simple ponytail, and she's wearing a nice, simple teal - it's more green - dress (and maybe Harry thinks it brings out her hazel eyes even more, but he won't say that). Calum smiled gratefully and quickly walked to the bathroom while she nodded and put her flats on. "Harry, you look okay, great, just...you need something else." she put on a thinking face and walked towards his closet. She pulled out a navy blue blazer and held it out, suppressing a laugh at his horrified face.

"There is no way in hell that -"

"- You're going to wear this." Calum then came out of the bathroom and his hair wasn't messy anymore. Harry took the chance and ran behind his best friend.

"What's going on?"

"She's making me wear -" two things cut Harry off: a buzzing phone and his mum yelling his name. All of them froze when the voice came closer.

"Harry! Calum's parents are here!"

"Oh shit," he mumbled, and he ran to the door, followed by Kennedy, and Calum. They walked down the stairs as swiftly as they could, they didn't want to seem suspicious. And once they were all down Harry's mum emerged from the kitchen with a cup of something and almost spit something it out by the way the trio were standing in a line in front of the staircase (Calum ordered them to, anyways). Calum's eyes wide and hands behind his back, his friends looking lost and confused at the stares they received from Calum's parents.