pre-show rituals and presents

"So, we forgot to tell you about one minor detail," Harry said once the trio stepped out of his car Saturday evening, parking by the venue. He was holding something behind his back.

"What is it?" Calum raised an eyebrow.

Harry looked at Kennedy. "Ready?"

She took in a deep breath, "Ready."

Harry shoved what he was holding behind his back into Calum's hand, muttering a quick 'happy late birthday' and both Harry and Kennedy walked backwards slowly. Calum stared at his best friends for a second before looked at what Harry handed him - and then squealing.

People were staring.

"HARREY! KENNEDEY! OH MY GOD! YOU GUYYS! WHY DIDN'T YOU - GUYS!? WHAT THE FUCK - WHERE THE FUCK -"

"Calum?" Harry was yelling. Kennedy and him were more than twenty feet away from Calum, not wanting to witness his next fanboy(girl) moment while standing next to him.

He looked like a psycho, jumping up and down in place, not making noises and looking around wildly. When he noticed Harry and Kennedy, he ran towards them. He was also wailing his arms around, gripping tightly onto the backstage passes. They ran, too, but away from their 5SOS-loving friend. Since Calum had so much adrenaline pumping through his veins after finding out he was going to meet 5 Seconds of Summer, he caught up to them quickly and came to a halt in front of them.

"You bitches aren't going anywhere."

They smiled innocently and Harry spoke, "Who says we were going anywhere?"

"I don't know, I just know that right now we're going nowhere until you tell me." The dark-eyed boy raised and eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest. He began again.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TWO TELL ME YOU ALSO GOT BACKSTAGE PASSES? HUH? DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE TODAY? I JUST - I love you guys."

Kennedy looked at Harry.

Harry looked at Kennedy.

They sighed. "You're welcome Cal," Harry said.

"We love you too," Kennedy added.

"GRRRROUP HUG!" Calum yelled - again - as he jumped into Harry's arms. Since Harry wasn't expecting anything, he was too late in catching Calum and they both fell to the ground, Calum smiling widely and hugging Harry while Harry simply lied on the ground.

There was a bright flash that made Harry groan. "Aw! Cute! This is going on my Tumblr, and Twitter - right, can't forget Instagram, #halum! Wait, Harry, why didn't you smileee?" Kennedy skipped away anyway, phone in hand, Katy Perry's 'Ur So Gay' suddenly blasting. Then she stopped and walked back to her friends - Calum was sitting on the ground while Harry stood next to him, dusting himself off. "Sorry. I forgot we had a concert to go to."

Calum simply smiled at her while Harry glared, walking towards the venue. Kennedy helped Calum up, and together they both linked arms and skipped to catch up to Harry, who was grumbling.

-

"This place is huge," was the first thing that came out of each of the teenagers' mouths. 5 Seconds of Summer isn't really a very popular band, but everyone knows who they are, you know? And neither Calum, Harry, or Kennedy had actually been to a concert before (Calum obviously had his obvious reasons but Harry and Kennedy he has no idea.)

Since the concert starts at seven, the trio had about two-ish hours before it started. The venue was about one sixth full of teenage girls, along with some dads that had to come with their teenage daughters. Calum glanced around from his seat - in the middle section, not so far from the stage - and sure enough, Harry and him seemed to be some of the only teenage boys.

Kennedy was nice enough to bring it up. Or something along their lines. "How does it feel like being surrounded by people who are exactly like you, Calum?"

He scoffed at her. "It feels great, actually. Like, it's where I belong. MY PEOPLE!" He shouted, making the fist pump on both hands, and causing some people to look his way. He casually smiled and waved at them with his fingers while they blushed at turned back to whatever it is they where doing before they were distracted by the Kiwi boy.

"Your people, eh? What about us, you inconsiderate arsehole? We are the ones who got you here because, a) we payed for those tickets and b) you can't drive."

"No matter what you do, Calum, Harry is never going to let go the time you failed your test."

"I know." They were quiet for awhile. "So...what do we do know?"

Kennedy looked between the two boys. "I don't know, hang out?"

"Any other ideas?" Harry suggested sarcastically.

"Well," Calum got his phone out from the pocket of his sweater, "We always have my phone."

"Yeah, I've got mine and Kennedy has hers. So?"

"Sooo," Calum furiously tapped on his phone and seconds later a song blasted out, and - again - gaining the attention of many people in the venue. "Why don't we get pumped up for this concert?"

The other two shrugged, feeling bored. Calum, in all honesty, didn't care if he looked like a crazy-ass maniac dancing to the band their about to watch perform. He's just naturally a hidden crazy-ass maniac, so.

"You think this is what he'd do before if he was famous and about to go, like, perform to a thousand people?" Harry asked Kennedy.

"Do what?" Kennedy looked at Harry.

"Listen to music and dance like his life depended on it even thought he sucks." They both slowly turned to Calum who had his eyes closed, doing the sprinkler while listening to 'Alive' from their - 5 Seconds of Summer - new album. People just couldn't seem to take their eyes off of him. "Probably, right?"

"Totally."