Chapter 15

"Harry what happened to you?" I want to ask him so much, but first things first, I need to see if he's okay.

"I'm fine, Avery. Come sit down with me." He says calmly and takes my hand.

I follow him out to the deck, but I'm not convinced. "Harry, you don't look fine. Let's go back inside and clean it up before you get an infection or something." I say as I look at the big gash on his leg and the scratches and bruises on his arm and face.

"No, I'm fine." He says again, this time I don't argue. His tone is the one telling you not to challenge him. "Come here." He sits in a chair facing the view of the ocean and pulls me to sit on his lap.

"Am I hurting you?" I ask.

"No," He sighs.

We stay silent for a minute or two, and I don't know where to begin. I need answers... Why did he leave on Thursday so angry with me, not call me for three days, and then show up tonight and act like nothings wrong? I missed him, and I'm glad he's back, but what's really going on?

"I'm sorry." I whisper. "You're right, I shouldn't have called Grant and I was being insensitive."

"I know baby," He promises. "Then why did you leave me, Harry?" I wipe away my stubborn tears. "You didn't give me the chance to explain, and I was so worried about you."

"Avery, I'm sorry." He sighs again before kissing my forehead. "I was so angry, and I know I didn't handle it well, but I needed to get out of here before I did something I would have regretted even more."

"I get that... but why did you come back? Why aren't you still mad at me?"

"I overheard you talking to Grant when he was here... I was stupid Ave, I should've trusted you when you said he means nothing to you... I'm just... I'm new at this, okay? I'm not used to these feelings, and I didn't know what to do when I found out you called him."

"I don't care anymore, I'm just happy you came back." I smile and lean up to kiss him. God, I've missed this boy so much.

"I'm so sorry, Avery." He rests his forehead against mine.

"I know," I smile, using the words he used earlier. "Let's just move past this okay?"

"Deal."

"Now will you tell me what happened to you? Where have you been the last few days?" I don't know if I really wanted to know the answers to those questions, but I needed to know.

"It doesn't matter, Avery."

"Yes it does. Harry, I care about you, and if we're going to do this, then there can't be secrets between us."

He sighed and nodded his head. "I crashed my bike."

"Shit." I muttered. "Harry, are you sure you're okay? Please let me take you to get looked at. Please."

"Avery, I said I was fine." He kisses my cheek and gives me a reassuring smile. "Now my bike... that's a different story." He laughs... I don't.

"That's why I don't like those things! Harry, you're not thinking about getting a new one, right?"

"I'm gonna fix it up."

"Please just get a car. Harry, I could hardly handle you being gone for three days, what if it was worse? I can't lose you." I begin to think of the worst scenarios... What if he had been hurt worse?

"Shh, I'm fine, okay?" He smiles and takes my face in his hands. "I'm here, and I'm okay. Now let's go inside, and I'll show you just how fine I feel by fucking you until you're the one in pain." He smirks.