Prologue(Tris)

Hi, name is Beatrice. Call me that I will break your neck.  I have long dirty blond hair with gray eyes with a hint of blue. I usually wear black and always a black leather jacket.I also have 3 ravens starting at my collarbone to my heart. You might be wondering why 3. It's because I have 3 people who care for me.  Yea I might be 5'2 but it doesn't mean I can't fight. Well except against my dad. You see most children have loving parents who would never lay a hand to you. Well news flash that isn't my life. It all started on December 6,  2008. 

Flashback: "Mommy, daddy can we go to the old movies car theater,? asked young Tris. 

"Sure Bea," mom said

I was so excited to watch Cars I didn't look what was in front of me. My big brother got high and mighty and carried me to the car before I could get my coat. Mom and dad got me and my brother's coat. We had just finished watching Cars at the movie theater. While we were driving in the main highway, there was a sudden boom. All the cars went frantic and we skidded near the edge of the highway. We all got out but me. I was too afraid to move. Mom yelled for me to move but I couldn't. She had climbed in and put next to dad. Before mom could get out the car tilted toward the drop. She had died that night because I was too afraid to move out. A few days after the funeral dad started to drink. He would come home drunk off his ass. After a few weeks he would beat me and tell me it was all my fault. He never laid a hand on Caleb my brother. 

Flash back end

He has been abusing me ever since then. Caleb used to be kind and helped me after the beating. After a year though he changed into dad. He started to help dad with the beating. I would cry out but it only made things worse. I lost my soul that day. A few months after Caleb started to beat me I met this wonderful lady. Her name is Tori. She is a tattoo artist and the art teacher at the high school I now attend. She is basically my mom and the only other person I love. She knows about the beatings but I told her not to tell anyone. No one would believe a teacher over the senator. That's right my dad is the senator of Chicago. She took me in and her husband, Bud, taught me how to fight. I now can take up anyone who tries to hurt me except you know who. Caleb left to go to college a while back. To say the least I was happy. Tomorrow I start high school. My reputation, you can say, has everyone leave me alone except my friend Christina.  I don't think anything was going to be any different, boy was I wrong.