The Letter

"So Passionate purple, Mellow yellow orrr Blackmail blue?"

I roll my eyes at Emma "Girl you made that last one up" I giggle along with the other girls.

Yes we were shopping for Prom dresses, though I don't think I'm gonna go. Wynter is still in the hospital and I don't want to live that night with anyone else but him, Emma is going with a guy who she says has been crushing on her for a long time and finally asked her to go with him, Amanda is going with danny and Holly is going with her boyfriend Sam.

"Shouldn't you be looking for a dress too Summer? Prom is the chance for every girl to be a princess" Holly says to me with a cute smile and I shrug. "I don't even know if I'm going, if Wynters not there I don't want to be either and besides whats a princess without her prince?" I get up and leave the fitting room for some air.

The dresses here are really cute and beautiful, and trust me; I have been planning my high school prom since third grade and this is not what I'd imagine it to be. Wynter is doing ten times better and I visited him earlier before coming here with the girls, Dr. Blake- I mean Caleb said he'd be able to walk again soon but no one knows how soon.

I feel my phone vibrate to notify someone is calling me: my mom.

"Yo"

"Girl, you answer the phone with a hello not 'yo'. Do it look like I'm one of your little friends?"(every mom EVER) I roll my eyes at mama's bickering, her attitude is always above and beyond " You called me for a reason?" I laugh lightly and she clears her throat.

"Yes, I was just Calling to tell you that two college letters came, One from California and the other in Boston!" She sounded excited, my mom has always wanted me to do my best and push for college even though it meant her only daughter leaving, it was for the best. But what I wanted to go to college for was to get turnt up at them college parties y'all.

I took a deep breath, that means Wynters must have come too, we applied for the same schools so this is very scary. Of course we had alternatives but they were all different, I feel my heart drop to my stomach at not getting into the same school. "Ok mama, I'm coming home now to take a look. I was just dress shopping with the girls" I could hear the confusion in her voice.

"Dress shopping? Are you still going to the prom?" She asks and I bite my bottom lip as I unlock my car door before I smile and hop in.

"Yeah"

I'm sitting in my room with the two letters that will determine my fate, I applied to UCLA and The University of Boston. I think I would like to travel journalist, I do not plan to spend the rest of my life in one place with a boring job oh hell no not for Summer. Like somebody got time for that. An travel journalism would be freaking great, its like paid vaca and writing about all the amazing stuff about that place.Perfession perfection.

"Should I really open these now?" It'll be a real let down if I opened mines before Wynter and then an idea pops into my head "We'll open them together"

****

"Excuse me, I'm looking for my extremely attractive boyfriend" I say with a sly smile strolling into Wynters hospital room and he grins at me. "I don't know darling, pretty sure he's not as handsome as I, must be a real loser but you can have me anytime" he winks and I laugh, sitting next to him on the bed and burying my head in the crook of his sweet smelling neck.

"I don't think I should cheat on someone who might go to the same University as me. Did you get them?" I look up as his green orbs in hope then he kisses my forehead before reaching over and picking up two egg shell colored envelopes. " My mom just dropped this off and call me corny but I didn't want to open mines until you saw yours first" Wynter blushed a bit causing me to smirk and chastley kiss his lips but he kept my head in place, suckling and playing with my tounge.

Dang, even when the damage has been done he can still kiss like that. "I've wanted to do that since I woke up, never deprive me of kisses again; I might just die this time." He smiles and I gasp lightly slapping his arm, do not even come at me with death jokes. They scare me now that this has happened to my baby.

I pull out my envelopes and place the first one between my fingers, my love doing the same

"Let's open our letters together ok?" I say to Wynter. I'm literally praying that we get into the same school, I caress his cheek as he smiles at me hold his letter ready to open it.

I chuckle a little and wipe a tear away

1

2

3

We both tore open the same ones which was Boston and I read mines silently in my head.

Dear Ms. Wilde

We, head council at The University of Boston have reviewed and conducted your educational stance; We are impressed with your academic background and extra curricular appreciation.

Therefore it would be an honor for you to attend our University of Law and Culture, we hope to see you the following semesters..

The rest of the content just invovled the school fees and classes, I did it? I got in? I mean I know I worked hard but I'm just in too much shock to actually jump for joy or do anything really. I turn at Wynters face and he's smiling widely at me "I got accepted"

Now I'm really excited "No freaking way me too baby!!" I squeeze him omigosh omigosh! This is freaking unreal! We actually did it and it is the best feeling ever right now, Winnie laughs. "Babe we have to open the other one, and if we both get in UCLA we have to decide where to go." he says and I nod proceeding to open the second letter.

Neither me or Wynter got into UCLA, it wasn't good nor bad. We were just thankful to be going to a great school with each other already and plus UCLA is like Harvard for California and it requires full on attention and I can hardly focus on what a teacher is telling me 17% of the time anyways.

"Ok so here's an update on the lovely patient" Caleb says sweetly walking into the room and Wynter growls at him "I will kill you in your sleep" i give him the behave  yourself face and Caleb pouts then sighs. "Really? then who else us suppose to tell you that you get your cast taken off today, and just before prom too?" W..what? seriously!? My face breaks out into a full blown grin as I look at Wynter who winks at me.

"Pick out a nice dress baby. Summer Wilde, will you go to prom with me?" he has that cheeky smile on his full lips and I rolled my eyes at his confidence. "As if you really needed to ask" I kiss him once more and we both laugh.

"I know"