I think we need a break

"And after I cut my hair everyone called me blonde Dora for a month!" I laughed hysterically at Katrina as we retell the time she got gum stuck in her hair in third grade.

"Yeah, you were a total crybaby but you were cool shit still" I nod them pop a fry in my mouth.

Summer hasn't come home yet from practice so she's probably out with a friend or shopping, I was going to call her and ask if she was alright but sort of got side tracked when Katrina came and asked to go to lunch.

So we picked an informal restaurant and have been here for maybe 45 minuets and its been great talking to an old friend again.

"Duh I'm probably like the coolest person you know" She rolled her eyes. I immediately thought Summer was probably but I didn't need to be murdered right now. That's when I remembered.

"So how's Summer?"

I could tell she stiffened a bit but then she quickly played it off with a smile and dug into her salad.

"What about her?" I chuckled a bit.

"I meant at y'know cheer practice. Is she getting along with everyone, giving off any vibes or anything?" I'm seriously worried about her and she's to stubborn to tell me anything herself so I'll have to find out from the captain.

I know that this is suppose to be me and Katrina's time but I can't help but be concerned.

"Wow, you sound like her dad" I shrugged, doesn't matter.

She saw that I wanted a straight answer then sighed and put her fork down. "Summer likes being first. Which is not what the team is mainly about. I put her on the bottom so that she could prove herself to me but she's not doing a very good job at that.

She just demands being put in first spot. She's good but she needs to be better, selfish on the floor.

She called mebout the other day and Wynter if she wasnt your girlfriend, I probably kicked her off the team.Honestly its not looking to good for her." Katrina said simply and I hissed.

I don't think that Summer is selfish, she just likes being likes being in her control and she can't handle things that are not in her control. I'm the same way so I understand. And now that she's in last string she's loosing control of the situation and she's lashing out.

"I'm sorry, Summer hasn't had the best cheer leading experiences.." Katrina leaned in with worried eyes that sparkeled with something else but I don't know what.

"Oh really? Tell me more" She said but I shook my head. "Nah, its not really my place to tell. If you want to know ask-

"But that's the thing, to tell you the truth..I don't think Summer likes me very much. I think she's unreasonably jealous of the relationship between you and I.

So I want to be friends with her so we can push the misunderstanding out of the way and this is a step to getting to know her more than Wynter's sassy cheerleader girlfriend." Katrina said placeing a hand over mines and I but my lip.

That did make sense, and I haven't seen Summer have much friends lately, maybe her being friends with Katrina wouldn't be a bad thing.

"Ok, but you cannot tell a soul" I clarified leaning in closer to which she smiled and made a sealing motion to her glossed lips and threw away the pretend key.

I looked around before saying anything. We are in a public place with tons of people and tons of ears that hear. I don't want any risks.

I get out of my seat surprising Katrina.

"Let's go back to mines to discuss things. There's no privacy here and Im sort of trusting you with this." She nodded with a smile and headed back to the apartment.

When I got there Summer was still absent so sent her a text asking her where she was. But I sat down to talk to Kat anyways.

"Before Summer came to our school she lived in New York where she was captain of her squad. They were first place in everything and lead their school to victory in every game or competition.

But some of the girls, one in particular got really jealous of her and wanted her gone"

"No!"

"..Yes."

"Not before long that girl turned the team, and even Summers old boyfriend against her. He c..cheated in her the that stupid bitch of a co captain. They started rumors about Summer that were not the prettiest then after a while..Summer just quit.

That's not even half of it. She became depressed after hearing her boyfriend of so long had done that to her.."

I want to punch who ever the hell it was who did that to my darlin' she told me that was her first boyfriend and that she genuinely cared about him and vice versa. Not that I'm really upset, he didn't deserve her and she's protected by me now.

"She hardly came to school until one of her loyal friends talked some sense into her."

Katrina nodded and leaned her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arm around the other. "Its ok, its hard dealing with a girl going through that" My eyebrows furrowed at her reasoning. "No, that's not-"

"No Wynter, it is. Because I know what you want. And what you need Wynter, its not Summer." Wait what? What is she talking about I don't need Summer? She's basically half of my heart.

Katrina propped herself on my lap and I took a deep breath.

"Kat-

"Listen to me Wynter, I've liked you and known you longer than her! She doesn't like you the way I do! I..I.."

She didn't finish her sentence before I dmfound Katrina's lips on my owns. It felt lucid and disgusting, forcing herself on me and I couldn't take it. Not from her or any other girl that wasn't Summer Cheyenne Wilde. I stop the kiss.

"Kat what the hell! Like what hmthe actual fuck is wrong with you?" This is insane.

She knows I have a girlfriend who I would give the world for and she does this? Katrina looks like she is about to cry"I thought you were my friend Kat" I dont know what to think anymore.

"Wynter we are friends! I'm in love with you!" No she's not, I could tell love and this wasn't it. "No Katrina your not in love with me, your in love with the idea of being in live with me." I say trying to get her off of my waist before some one gets the wrong idea.

"I think we need a break. Its obvious you want more than what I'm willing to give. And you took advantage of our friendship." I tell her and she cries. "She can't have you!" She screamed finally and kissed me again rougher.

She didn't intend to let me go either.

"What the.."

My neck snapped fast at Summers Horrified look. I couldn't believe this was happening right here and now. "Summer wait!" But she was fine and out the door with tears down her face. FUCK. I promised her..I promised I would never make her cry like that.

I glared fiercely at Katrina before pushing her off me completely and dragging her towards the door. "Don't come near me or Summer ever."

I ordered but she just laughed as if nothing happened. "Don't act like you didn't like it. You'll want me eventually Winnie" I flinched at the nickname that only Summer used.

Whatever. Forget her. I just have to go find Summer. Fast.