(Y/n) and Jack, With a Hint of Jelous Newsboys

Over the course of the few months (Y/n) had been a newsie, the boys took notice that she had many talents. One of them was art. Yes, for a tiny street rat, (Y/n) was exceptionally good at drawing. (A/N: idk if your not, pretend you are??) This talent of hers caught the eye of several newsies. One of them being, of course, Jack Kelly.

"Hiya (Y/n)!!!" Jack said cheerfully, leaning over (Y/n)'s shoulder in order to catch a glimpse of what she'd drawn today.

"Go way' I'm workin'." (Y/n) replied in a tired tone.

"Oh yeah?" Jack said, "Doin' what?"

(Y/n) sighed, knowing exactly what Jack wanted. She held up her tattered sketch book for Jack to see.

"You'se can look through them if ya' want..." (Y/n) muttered.

This being the first time she'd ever voluntarily showed her work to another human being, (Y/n) was slightly afraid that Jack would criticize her. She new the way the newsies treated each other (with the exception of Crutchie, who was nothing but pure goodness and laughter 😗)

Jack's eyes lit up in wonder as her flipped though the little sketchbook in his hands. A small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth.

"These..." he began, "Are really good (Y/n)!!!"  Jack giggled.

(Y/n)'s eyes lightened slightly as she smiled. An idea suddenly appeared in her head. She took back her sketchbook and tore out a blank page. Then she pulled an extra pencil out of her pocket and gave it to Jack.

"Here.," (Y/n) said," You'se try."

Jack marveled at the tiny drawing tool he held in his hand, giggled, and began drawing. As he drew, he kept glancing to look at (Y/n), who was seated next to him and also drawing a picture of her own.

"Done!" Jack said triumphantly.

"Oooh lemme see!!" (Y/n) said reaching for his paper.

Jack swatted her hands away saying,"Hey, Hey!! Keep ya' shirt on Goilsie, and hands down!!"

(Y/n) obeyed and Jack showed her his drawing. It was a cute, little, cartoon version of both of them selling newspapers of the street.

(Y/n) was amazed. "Jackie, you'se are REALLY good too!!!"

"Hey!!! I've got an idea!!" Jack said, grabbing (Y/n)'s sketchbook.

"Ah yeah? What is it?"

"We'se should team up and draw somethin' big for tha' fellas!!!"

(Y/n) clapped her hands. "Yeah!!!" She giggled.

____

(Y/n) and Jack decided to keep their project a surprise for the others, meaning they where spending a lot of time together without a known reason to the boys. To succeed in this goal, the two mainly worked on the roof or in Central Park when none of the other newsies where around.

"Aye (Y/n), wanna play cards?" Racetrack offered as he jogged over to (Y/n) who was on her way to meet up with Jack.

"Aw, sorry Racey, I'se meetin' wit' Jackie boy right now.."

Racetrack frowned. As far as he knew, he was (Y/n)'s best newsie friend, not Jack.

"Oh...well then," He huffed, "I'se ll' just hang out wit' Albert..."

He was not jealous.

Since when was Racetrack ever jealous of another kid?

____