6. Time of Liones (Flash Back)

Carina picked at her fingers nervously as she sat calmly on the infirmary chair, next to Veronica who's leg was now decorated with a cast.

"There you go Princess, as long as you rest you should be fine. Your grandfather shall be by soon"

The nurse quickly walked out after her assessment, her heels clicking with every step. As soon as the clinking stopped, Veronica finally spoke up.

"Did you say your name was Heartfilia?"

Snapping her head to the young princess, Carina quickly bowed her head,

"Indeed so, princess."

Veronica quickly snorted,

"Don't call me princess, while I may be that, I'd rather much be a warrior then lead this country. And plus I don't call you lady because of your families money, now do I"

Carina smiled lightly before nodding, before realizing something.

"Your tone!"

"My what?"

Snapped back the young princess, accusingly.

"You recognized the name Heartfilia."

Veronica chocked on her breath, before sighing,

"Yes, I did. However, I believe my grandfather is better to explain why"

The 11-year-old princess commented, Carina lowered her head a suspicious look twisting upon her features. But the accusations and conclusions were suddenly on pause when someone quickly busted into the room.

"Veronica, what on earth were you thinking?! You could have seriously been hurt!"

The voice belonged to an old man, the tone was caring and fast-paced showing his worry. He didn't radiate any magic do it meant that he was normal. But it also suggested that this was the king, Veronica's grandfather.

"Gran-pa I'm fine, I had help.. from Carina Heartfilia!"

Carina could hear how the old man's heart had quickened the pace at the mention of her name and how his gaze pierced at her. Carina bowed her head,

"It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness..."

**

Carina sat nervously in her chair, her golden yellow gown twisted with her movements. After her so-called 'heroic' act the king had asked her to stay in the palace, as well as have dinner with him. Along with his two granddaughters, Veronica and 15-year-old Margret. Like her sister Margret also had purple hair, however, hers was a much lighter shade, she also had light brown eyes. just like the rest of the royals she too didn't have a magical aura.

The dinner was calming and sweet that it made Carina's heart swell. The food was grand and delicious and there was plenty to go round, but..... Carina was always curious, a trait both she and Lucy had as well as not being able to stand liars. Margret was re-telling her day to the table, with the king smiling and her little sister growling in annoyance.

"What is your connection is the name Heartfilia?!"

Blurted out the platinum-haired girl before she could stop herself, looking towards where the king sat. Silence filled the table after her statement before the king sighed.

"Girl's go to your room."

Carina noticed that there was no noise of disagreement, surprising her since Veronica was very honest about what was on her mind.

"Why don't we go for a walk, Carina?"

Slowly standing up, the petite teenager nodded, allowing the king to link her arm with his and slightly guide her in the right direction.

"I had two children in my past days. My youngest was Alioni, Veronica and Margret's father. But my eldest, her name was Elizabeth. "

Carina frowned, Elizabeth? That name is so familiar.

"She had a daughter with a man she was in love with. He wasn't royal but was the greatest allies we had. However, he made a lot of enemies which in the end is what got my daughter killed."

Intrigued by the story, Carina questioned

"What about the father, what happened to him?"

The King sighed before continuing to speak,

"Knowing that being with his daughter would also cause her to be in danger, he left her in the care of some of our oldest friends..."

The old man trailed off, allowing the information to sink in, for the young girl to understand.

"The Heartfilia's !?"

Suspicious interrupted the 13-year-old, frowning in deeper confusion.

"...13 years ago..."

Carina stopped in her tracks, a grim look slapped onto her face before she slowly turned towards the king. Realization filled her.

"Me?!..."