9. Cain (Flash Back)

"What kind of man attacks a young woman?"
Yelled Meliodas standing above the teenager who began to sit up and try to identify the man who was not that far away from the pair of them.

"I am Twigo, an apprentice holy knight. I have been sent to annihilate the existence of Princess Carina the 3rd princess of Liones."
All four eyes widened miraculously as Meliodas turned to look at the young woman who shook in shock and fear.

"You're Princess Carina?"

---

Carina laid her head on the pillow, exhaustion filled her. After all,it had been a year of excitement since she first meet Meliodas, leader of Seven Deadly sins as well as being the sin of wrath himself. In the past year she had successfully obtained 3 god keys and 2 silver keys. This includes Poseidon, God of the Sea, Apollo God of the air and Demeter Goddess of nature. As well as Kirito and Asuna the 2 knights and Fro the ice knight.

Furthermore, this also included 4 sins, Meliodas of Wrath, Diane of Envy, Ban of Greed and then King of sloth.

While she did in fact grow stronger and was able to successful call upon a spirit for a wider time frame as well as suffering her own damage. The 17 year old felt powerful, not just in a magical sense but also because she was surrounded by people who generally care about her, who constantly allow her to push forward.

But right now, she and the gang of misfits we're travelling to forest of Montressa, which was known for its intriguing forest and its on going market which stretched for miles. The reason why they were heading that way? Apparently the forest has become invested with dark magic and anybody that enter immediately forgot their own lives. Therefore, Meliodas believes that the sin of lust, Gowther was behind this troubling news. Which would mean they had to travel such distances to find if this is true or not.

Carina hoped.

-

Carina sat patiently on the bar stool of the tavern, an old man named Cain sat next to her. He was an old friend of Meliodas who was passing by, just as the other sins left to find Gowther. Carina decided to stay behind after Meliodas had told her to, but at least she had the company of Cain.

"You know, you remind of someone."
Suddenly stated Cain, continuing to drink from his cup, however that small statement caused the girl to tense up and turn to him in shock and confusion.

"Who?"
She asked carefully, she feared the answer. Was it a good remembrance? Or a bad one?

"Her name was Elizabeth Liones."
Frozen, Carina's pupil expanded in unchallenged shock. Swallowing and focusing on her confidence she finally spoke in soft and hushed tone

"How did you know her?"
Cain smiled before sighing, nostalgia filling his heart.

"She was Meliodas's lover.."