4. Last Time I Wasn't Invincible (Flash Back)

"Okay! The first day of training, are you sure you want to do this?"

Questioned the sky haired queen, Marinette. Carina only nodded, inhaling deeply.

"I've never been surer in my life!"

Her voice had a passionate and determined tone to it, making the queen smile slightly.

"Okay, first I need you to get into a meditation pose"

Carina sat on the floor with her legs crossed over, her palms facing upwards while resting on her knees. Her empty eyes closed as she began to take small intakes of air. Focusing, Carina blocked all the noises surrounding her and instead paid attention to her breathing. In and out. Steady paced. Once Carina, truly blocked all that was around her, a sudden pulse shot through her, it barely affected her. It felt like sudden chills down the back. But because of this jolt, it allowed something to be open within her.

She was then able to sense everything, but nothing at all. She could feel the stone ruins surrounding her, falling into shape into her mind, as well as a feeling of power. Light echoing and something pushing against her, she looked up towards where it was coming from, Marinette.

"You can feel it, can't you. My presence."

Carina only nodded, still in shock, how could she possibly know Marinette was in front of her.

"Well, I was right you are special."

--

It continued to be like this for months, simple meditation and identifying where Marinette was hiding. Before she began using extremes, magical attacking. Dodging sudden attacks from the queen, Carina never felt so powerful and invincible. But eventually, it came to an end.

-

Carina stood in front of Marinette, both girls had tears pooling in their eyes.

"It seems your training has finally come to an end, you truly have mastered aura magic"

Carina grinned,

"So this is it."

"Indeed it is"

Replied the queen, before she moved forward and grabbed a hold of her hand, placing a single key in her hand.

"Apollo, the air god will now be in your service when you need it"

Nodding slightly the 13-year-old jumped forward and embraced the spirit.

"Thank you, Marinette"

A/N: Sorry this is short, I didn't really want to put so much detail in this.

It wasn't clear but Aura magic in my mind is the ability to identify someone or something by their magic, sent, breathing patterns or body movements. Objects are harder to identify but they still able to recognize by sent (e.g metal)