7. Princess Carina Heartfilia Liones (Flash Back)

"Do you Carina Heartfilia accept the duty of becoming a crowned princess of Liones?"

The priest's old voice rang out, the people gathered around looking up at the kneeling 13-year-old.

"I do."

Called out the platinum girl, a small smile etched on her face.

"Do you promise to attend to your people's needs and wishes?"

"I do."

She replied, her grandfather and the two sisters smiled giddily from their thrones above some small red steps.

"Do you swear to protect and love this kingdom even if your own life maybe sacrifice for the good of the people? "

Flinching in surprise Carina hesitated before speaking her answer

"I do. "

"Then by the power of the God, I crown you Carina Heartfilia Liones, the 3rd princess of Liones. "

A petite silver tiara was placed upon her platinum locks, matching the beautiful shine of the sun which shone upon her. As she rose, her golden dress waved with each step and twirled as she spun around to greet the faces of her people.

"All hail the 3rd princess, Carina. Long live the princess"

Cheered the priest causing the people to bow and cheer in response

"Long live the princess!"

-

Golden fabric grazed the floor as Carina walked, her bare feet embracing the cool floor. The palace hallway was barren and silent, which made Carina feel at peace, nobody there to tell her what to do or give her pity stares, she felt almost free.

"You get that from your mother"

Spinning around in shock, Carina stared at her grandfather, her heart raising in beats. Hearing the old man come close, Carina raised her arm to link with him.

"She used to say it was because she wanted to be one with the earth. Embrace and respect it. That and it was more comfortable without shoes."

Chuckling together the two began walking through the corridor, smiles scattered among their faces.

"Now as a princess, you will be taught like the other two as well as learn the basic defence. The holy knights will now be at your service. They are the knights with the abilities of a wizard, they will give their lives to protect yours"

Scowling slightly, Carina blurted out

"I'd rather fight alongside than allow them to die for me"

Looking up at him, Carina's eyes were filled with utter determination.

"I won't be a burden to anyone!"

--

"Princess!"

Called out a voice, startling Carina from her deep reading in the library. The voice belonged to Gilthunder, a large bulky pink haired male who controlled that of blue lighting, he was Margaret protector and secret lover. Well not so secret.

"Gilthunder! What can I do for you?"

Questioned the young princess, facing towards her friend. Gilthunder walked closer, his armor echoing through the library.

"I have a gift, from the kingdom to honour and recognize you."

Sighing and shaking her head, Carina spoke softly

"Then I don't need it, knowing that they believe in me is enough, I don't need gifts."

Gilthunder smiled, before shaking his head and reaching for the teenager's hand, cradling it, before placing two keys into her hand.

"One belongs to Fro the Ice Knight."

Stated the man. Carina traced one of the keys, it was colder to touch and was shaped much like a sword.

"The other belongs to Asuna and Kirito the Two knights."

The other key split into 2 at the ends and was warm to the touch, emitting heat. Brightly smiling, Carina looked down at the keys, feeling them both pulse in her hand for acceptance. But there was one thing that Gilthunder couldn't accept.