4. A dance and a job

Carina stood in front of Natsu, grinning at him, while the boy could barely look at her

"Don't worry, I'm an excellent dancer so you shouldn't worry."

Natsu blushed slightly at the young woman's silky voice. Natsu stepped forward, whispering slightly

"This is so embarrassing!"

Giggling slightly, Carina raised her left hand,

"Give me your left hand!"

She commanded politely, following her order Natsu gave her his hand. Carina stepped forward closer to him, chest to chest before placing his hand on her waist, holding his right.

"Just try to follow my lead okay!"

As the music began, Carina slowly began leading Natsu into the ballroom style dance, she could feel his intense gaze burning her, while his grip on her waist was tight and awkward. Just as they were settling into the rhythm, Natsu made the mistake of stepping on Carina's foot. Causing her to yelp and jump back.

"That hurt!"

She cried out, causing Natsu to chuckle slightly.

"Sorry!"

Despite stepping on her, Carina brought Natsu back in and began dancing with him again. However, it didn't last long before Carina felt Natsu being dragged away from her grip, causing her to freeze and frown in confusion. She could hear others laughing in enjoyment as they joined in on the dancing, including those who weren't on Tenrou Island, which made her heart sore. Carina felt a small hand on her shoulder from behind. Recognized the scent and light presence, she smiled.

"I didn't call upon you Apollo"

The spirit of air chuckled slightly. Apollo had dusty blonde hair, striking violet eyes. His attire included a light blue top, dark blue bottoms and a jacket with camo patterns.

"I am aware of that Princess, but none of the royal blood should dance alone."

Blushing slightly because of her status, she sighed in defeat and raised her hand,

"Okay."

Apollo brought his master close so that they could dance swiftly, they did which caused Carina to snort.

"Since when could you dance?"

Chuckling slightly, Apollo replied

"Poseidon thought it best we be trained in every way in case the situation arose."

Shaking her head, Carina stayed in silence and enjoyed the serenity of the situation.

-

The group of Fairy Tail wizards stood outside Balsamico the palace of the client, it was grand and decorated showing off their rich status but it was nothing compared to the palace she spent 3 years living in.

"This is definitely the type of place to hold a magical ball"

Awed Lucy, smiling in a slight daze up at the beautiful scenery. Lucy was also gripping Carina's hand, she didn't mind it kept her mind at ease. She was also next to Natsu able to clearly feel his powerful magic.

"I didn't realize it was so far away!"

Complained the ice wizard as he also looked up at the palace. The gang that was together involved Team Natsu, Carina, Elfman and Warren.

"It's a small price to pay for the chance to dance!"

Spoke the emotionless red head causing Carina to smile brightly, however, the comment made Lucy sweat drop, literally and figuratively.

"You do realize we came here to catch an escaped convict right?"

Before Lucy could get a reply from Erza the door opened to reveal a young girl who held herself elegantly.

"Um.. you're a little early?!"

Her voice was soft and gentle, but it seemed Warren was only interested in the fact she was beautiful because next thing Carina knew Warren was speaking through the group with telepathy.

"Woah what a fox!"

While Wendy laughed nervously, while also being creeped out. However, Lucy overreacted and turned to the smiling man.

"Was it necessary to scream that inside my head!"

She yelled at him causing Carina to sigh in embarrassment. Gray was the one to reply back to the young lady as he motioned towards himself and the group.

"We're here to see the count."

Almost as if realizing what they were here for the young woman quickly apologized.

"Oh yes of course. My name is Ochetto, my father is Count Balsamico."

Hearing her voice, Warren once more spoke to the group using telepathy.

"She's to pretty to have an ugly name"

The group jolted and began to scream at him in disgust. Shaking her head Carina stood forward.

"Ochetto, we seek an audience with your father, regarding the job request to capture the convict Velveno. You see we are the Fairy Tail wizards and I believe this matter should quickly we resolved."

Her voice was strict and stern unlike her normally soft voice, the group stared at her in wonder for being to so polite in talking to Ochetto.

"Your voice is so familiar, may I ask for your name?"

Questioned the brunette lady and she searched for an answer.

"My name is Carina Heartfilia Liones."

Introduced Carina, however Lucy's interested peaked at the name Liones, wondering where her sister picked up the name.

"Oh of course! You sound much like Princess Margaret, though it has been a while since we've met or her returning my letters, I still remember her voice."

Carina smiled slightly at the mention of her sister or in reality her cousin if we're being technical.

"Please forgive my sister. She is busy preparing to become Queen, as well as restoring our Kingdom, I'm sure once she's free she will write."

Ochetto smiled and nodded before opening the door further, inviting them in.

"Please follow me, my father will be waiting for you."

Lucy didn't really listen to her, instead her mind was focusing in what Carina had just leaked, just how much of her life have I missed out on- she thought.