The Business Party

*****

A/N

Hixtape finally dropped today and is already #1 in the US :') so proud of you Hobi xx

Also, i'd just like to thank everyone who has read my book and given it a chance. 200 reads! yayyy

(Edit: woah i have over 11k reads now, thank you so much everyone xx)

Enjoy the chapter:

*****

You've been in your own hotel room for most of the day now, sitting in front of your laptop answering emails for Jungkook and getting paperwork done. It's around 5; 15 pm, so you aren't getting ready for tonight just yet. You take a sip from the café latte you ordered from room service. Raising your brows at the taste, you look down at the coffee in surprise. Wow, even the coffee is amazing at this place.

Your phone pings, making you glance at your lock screen and set your coffee cup down on the table.

MR. JEON: I need to make an important phone call, so I'll be waiting down in the lobby. Get ready and meet me there at 6 o'clock.

You grin to yourself as you remember your red dress. 

"Ahhh, you might always tease me with your flirty winks and wolf whistles, Jeon Jungkook, but tonight I'm going to do some teasing of my own," you chuckle. Rubbing your hands together gleefully, you make your way across the luxurious hotel room, entering the ensuite to take a shower.

*****

You finally finish delicately curling the last few strands of hair and set your curling wand down. You stand in front of the mirror to assess your outfit. The dress hugs your slim figure in all the right places, and the red stilettos you slipped onto your feet make your legs look even more long and toned. You're wearing light makeup, not too much. Peering at your reflection, you adjust your hair until you're fully satisfied with your appearance. But still, a doubt creeps into your mind, wondering if maybe he won't like your outfit after all.

Checking your phone, you see that the time is only 5;45, so you sit down and scroll through your Instagram feed for a while. When the time comes to go and meet Jungkook in the lobby, you grab your gold clutch bag and head on down.

You consider being super extra and debate the idea of taking the fancy stairs for a more dramatic entrance, but you wave off the idea and just decide to use the lift. 

"Who am I kidding? I probably look terrible anyway," you sigh, your low self-esteem getting the best of you.

You reach the ground floor and the lift doors open to reveal the hotel lobby. You see Jungkook standing near some pot plants wearing a black formal suit with a bowtie, looking his usual attractive self. His mobile phone pressed to his ear, he seems focused on the call. As you step out of the lift and begin to approach him, he sees the movement out of his peripheral vision and glances up. The second he sees you, he stops talking. The grip on his phone loosens and it clatters onto the polished marble. He makes no effort to pick it up, and instead he just lets his dark eyes move up and down your body slowly, drinking the sight of you in. His mouth is gaping, and his eyes are wide. You pretend not to notice his reaction and try to hide your burning cheeks by making out that you are admiring some nearby flowers.

After you allow a good moment or so for him to fully take in your appearance, you turn to face him as if you'd only just noticed he was there.

"Oh here you are... good evening, Mr. Jeon," You say smoothly.