No tears left to cry

*****

A/N

That reference hehe, love her new music video

Please don't forget to vote if you enjoyed! It means a lot to me x

*UNEDITED*

*****

Jungkook's POV

I really messed up. Raking a hand through my hair, I sit down on the couch next to the forgotten bowl of popcorn. I grab my phone from my back pocket and do the only thing I can think of doing right now. I dial Yoongi since he was the one who stopped me from kissing that girl. I just need to tell someone, I need advice from someone I trust.

The phone rings a couple of times before his familiar voice erupts from the speaker, gruff with sleep.

"Kook? Is there a problem?"

"Hyung, I really messed up," I said, biting my lip and trying to control my emotions. "Remember when you walked in on me and that girl at the office the day I confessed to Y/N? Well... she found out about it," I said, my voice breaking.

There's a second of silence before Yoongi lets out a deep sigh.

"Damn, it, Jungkook-ah, I thought she already knew," He said softly.

"Hyung, I don't know what to do. I know I should have told her, but with all that's been happening lately I've been so happy with Y/N, and I just completely forgot about it,"

"How upset was she?"

"She left straight away in tears. I think she broke up with me... she said she couldn't do this anymore,"

"I think you just need to give her a little time to collect her thoughts. She's probably feeling a little muddled at the moment,"

I nodded even though he couldn't see me, tears threatening to fall from my eyes as I clung to the phone desperately.

"I just can't believe I screwed our relationship up so early on. Hyung, if she doesn't forgive me, I don't know what I'll do,"

"Nonsense, you haven't screwed anything up. I'm sure she wouldn't break up with you over this. Does she know you kissed her before anything happened between you two?"

"Yes, but Yoongi Hyung, it was merely hours before I confessed to her. It's not right. I should have told her about it instead of hiding it," I groan at my own stupidity in frustration.

"Do you want me to talk to her?"

"Maybe... Y/N trusts you. Perhaps she will listen to you if you try to reason with her. She doesn't see that the girl I hooked up with meant nothing to me and that I was hurting because I thought I'd lost my chance with her,"

"I'll see what I can do,"

"Thanks, Hyung," I said gratefully. He hung up and I collapsed back on the couch, tugging at the roots of my hair in frustration. At this point, I love her so much I don't think I can live happily without her by my side.

*****

Your POV

Once I reach the house I stop the car in the driveway and place my head on the steering wheel. I stay like that for a good forty minutes, letting myself cry out all the emotions. Even I can't quite work out why I'm making such a big deal over this. Am I overreacting?

Maybe this is how Jungkook felt when he saw me kiss Jimin. Maybe this is how he felt when he overheard Jimin asking me out. Jealousy was radiating through my bones and I couldn't stand to even think about that airheaded bimbo with her hands all over my man. I thought he'd changed well before he confessed to me. I thought I changed him... but clearly, he hadn't felt for me in the first place as strongly as I felt for him.

Even when Jungkook wasn't yet mine, I still would never have kissed another man out of my own free will. I didn't even want to kiss anyone other than him. I was dared to kiss Jimin as part of a game. But I realise now that might have still cut Jungkook deep, seeing it right before his very eyes.

The more I think about it, the more I find myself justifying his actions. I can see how he would have been provoked to do what he did. But all the same, it still hurts.

Getting out of the car tiredly, I drag my weary body up to the front door. Why does happiness never seem to last?

I dig around in my handbag for my house keys. Suddenly, I hear tyres crunching on the gravel of my driveway. I look up and catch a glimpse of car headlights reflecting off the kitchen window. Spinning around, I furrow my brows when an unfamiliar car parks next to my own.

Out steps Min Yoongi, adorning casual clothing and a grim smile. Walking up to me with his hands in his pockets, he stands in front of me and studies my tearstained face.

"I heard what happened," he says in a serious tone. I don't reply, looking down at my black converse.

"You look a total mess," He says with concern lacing his tone.

"Gee, thanks for the compliment," I mumble, sniffling.

"Do you want to talk about it? It's okay to cry, Y/N"

"Oppa, can't you see that I've already cried so much tonight I don't have any tears left?"

He sighs. "I knew you'd react like this,"

My head snaps up to look at him. "Hold up. You knew about this?" I said incredulously.

He nods like it's no big deal. "We all knew,"

As he speaks, my already sore emotions rev up into overdrive and i clench my fists as my anger levels start to rise.

"What? You're kidding me! Oh great, looks like everyone's been keeping me in the dark!" I raised my voice a little, throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

"Y/N, it wasn't any of our business," He says calmly.

"I don't care! If you all knew about this, someone should have told him to tell me or told me themselves. I can't believe this bullshit! Here's me, thinking I could trust you guys. It turns out nobody has my back after all," I'm not thinking straight right now. Any kind of brain to mouth filter I may have previously had seems to have gone out the window.

"Don't you think you're overreacting just a little bit?"

I stare at him open-mouthed. Wow. Dick move, Min Yoongi.

"You know what? Fuck you all,"

And with that, I rammed the keys in the lock hastily, shoved myself through the front door and slammed it shut in his face.

I stomp up the staircase. I'm shaken up, tired, and angry. A couple of hours ago I was sitting on the couch with my boyfriend peacefully watching a movie, and now everything's just flipped upside down all because of one mistake. I don't care if people say I'm overreacting, I won't force myself to forgive and forget before I'm ready.

I don't think me and Jungkook will break up after this. Despite everything, my heart still belongs to him entirely. But it's up to him to help us work through this rough patch. I need him to prove that he really loves me and isn't just planning to just discard me once he gets bored and finds a new toy.

Reaching the foot of my bed, I don't bother to change my clothes before hurling myself onto the mattress face first. Barely sparing a minute to dread going to work in the morning, the image of Jungkook's guilty face is the last thing that haunts my troubled mind before I let my eyelids flutter closed for the last time today.

*****