24

A/N: omg an update WOW

I hope y'all are doing okay. January felt like three months in one omg but we survived chapter 1 of 2021! I'm proud of you because you've made it this far! Keep going <3

Also: changed the faceclaim for Dante bc I can LOL regardless, these are just for gifs and such. Y'all can imagine my characters however you like.

Anyway, buckle up. This chapter's an intense one. 

Enjoy!

____________________________

"I never realized that The bullet I'd take for you Would be because you Pulled the trigger

The bullet I'd take for you
Would be because you
Pulled the trigger."

NADINE

The first thing done once they arrived at the villa was lock Kristina up. The place had four floors, so Fong set up a room in the basement just for her. Once they deemed it secure enough that she wouldn't escape, the group finally decided to take care and assess their injuries. Everyone was laid out in the spacious living room, first aid kits and medical supplies scattered around.

"Alright, where the hell does SHIELD even find these places?" Sam questioned, breaking the uncomfortable silence. He had just finished taping small gauzes on his knuckles and was now looking around the room, his eyes trailing towards the glass double doors that led to the back garden.

"Actually," Fong said softly as he tended to Emilia's arm. It'd been in a makeshift sling after being dislocated and Natasha put it back in place. "This is Kaia's."

"My parents bought this villa when I was a child," Kaia muttered whilst stitching a cut on Dante's arm. The man was glaring at the vase on the coffee table, flinching softly as the needle pierced his skin. "They stopped coming here when my sister died."

"You had a sister?" Sam said, hissing when Natasha rubbed alcohol on his brow. She gave him a look that showed she was not amused with his question.

"Yes, I did." Kaia's tone made it clear that the subject was finished. "The villa is mine now, and for the time being, it's ours."

Nadine waved at Bucky to get his attention. He was inspecting a bloody stain on Steve's head to see if it was something major. He only gave her the smallest of acknowledgements that he noticed her. "What?" he questioned, voice gruff.

"Can you pass me the bandages next to you?" she said calmly, choosing to ignore the tone.

Bucky looked at the box once, grabbed it, then tossed it at her with more force than necessary. The box landed right next to her and bandages scattered onto the floor. For a moment, Nadine and Bucky stared at each other, her in disbelief and him in clear anger.