03

A/N: guess who had this chapter done and accidentally deleted it

This girl right here

Also I changed the cover because I wasn't happy with it but if anyone knows how to do covers and wants to do one for me please lemme know lmaooo

Ok I'm done
_______________________________

Ok I'm done_______________________________

"It's in the eyes. Always the eyes."

NADINE

So few have stared at the Winter Soldier in the eyes and lived to tell the tale.

Nadine heard all the stories about him, about his kills, and his ability to disappear without a trace. She'd even met people whom were later killed, and their deaths were blamed on the Winter Soldier, but none of the things she'd seen or read were ever confirmed. His existence was never confirmed.

Until HYDRA dismantled SHIELD from the inside, that was.

Nadine had barely been an agent for 3 years when that happened. Natasha took her in at 18, and it took two years to train and unlearn all the shit she'd been taught for a decade. All of that, just to serve a mere 3 years for an agency that she didn't even fully agree with.

Fast forward now, two years later. If SHIELD still had the pull it used to, she'd be considered a mercenary, an assassin for hire.

A killer with no ties to anyone except those she'd grown loyal to.

Natasha was obviously one of them considering she saved her life. And now, because of that loyalty, she was face to face with one of the most wanted criminals in the world.

"You're wondering if I'm as much of a monster as they say I am." Bucky stated. They'd been staring at each other since they got on the van, but she never expected to make conversation with him, let alone for him to be the one to break the silence. Hell, to this point, she thought he was mentally scrutinizing her.

Actually no, scratch that, he definitely was scrutinizing her.

"I-" Nadine didn't know what to say. She didn't see any point in denying it, but she wondered what would happen if she admitted it. "Well, are you?"

He studied her with calculating eyes, but averted his gaze before saying anything. "Doesn't matter what I think when everyone else already has an opinion."

Huh. She didn't expect that. The way he sounded made it seem like there was more to the story.

Time for another approach, then.

"Er, well, James-"

"Bucky."

"Bucky," she corrected, trying to keep her tone level. "If I were to listen to what everyone else thinks, I'd be dead."