Eddie Dombrowski (Character)

Gender: Male

Age: 23

Status: Deceased

Cause Of Death: Killed by James

Features: Blond hair and blue eyes

Occupation: Part-time gas station emplyee

Description: Eddie Dombrowski is a character from Silent Hill 2. He is an insecure, mentally disturbed and a severely bullied young man who is self-conscious about his weight and physical appearance after being laughed at, bullied and ridiculed his entire life.

His troubled past draws him to Silent Hill. Like Angela Orosco, he is also currently homeless and has nowhere else to go in the world. After a stay is Silent Hill, Eddie becomes determined to kill the next one who laughs at him.

                                                                                   Background

Eddie worked part time at a gas station. He wears khaki shorts and a blue-and-white striped polo shirt, together with a cap turned backwards.

Due to being overweight, Eddie was bullied, fat-shamed and verbally abused all his life, and called a "fat disgusting piece of shit", "fat-ass", "gutless fatso", "waste of skin", "scum", "disgusting", "stupid" and "so ugly that even his mother wouldn't love him" by jocks and girls. At times, Eddie was forced to get on his knees and beg for his life. He dislikes the body he was born with, feeling he lost the "genetic lottery", and is sick of being judged by his physical appearance. Eddie's attitudes about himself and his body are consistent with symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder which he may have.

Eddie may have also developed an excessive eating disorder to cope with his troubles, as evidence by his desire to stay in shelter and eat pizza after being insulted by Laura, rather than facing the task at hand, although he may also could be recovering from the travel.

One bully, a football player in particular, would not leave Eddie alone even after graduating high school. Eddie became an easy target and a victim. Eventually, Eddie mentally snapped and proceeded to kill the bully's dog in retaliation. Afterwards, Eddie shot the bully in the knee with his father's gun, crippling him, though did not kill him. Afterwards, Eddie fled, wandering for a while before coming to rest in Silent Hill, claiming that the town "called" him there. It also ambiguous if Eddie is on the run from the police; he claims in the game he "just ran because he was scared", but this could be a lie.