•19•

———————
{5 Years Later}

"Alexis! Get back here get ready!" I shout at the five year old, running around the house in just her underwear.

"No! I want Daddy!" She shouts back at me, clenching her little fists.

"Daddy is at work. Now stop screaming and get ready before you wake up the twins." I hiss back at Alexis, and like on cue, I hear wailing coming from the twins room.

"BUT I WANT DADDY!" Alexis screams and she starts to cry. I pick up the screaming five year old and walk to the twins room, where James was crying his head off and jumping up and down in the crib.

I set down Alexis and pick up James and hold him. "Shhhh it's okay James. Your okay." I say calmly and he quiets down instantly.

I hold him with one arm and I use my other to shake awake Dallas. "Hey sweetie, it's time to wake up." I say softly.

She opens her eyes slowly and looks at me with a smile. "Mama." She hiccups and I laugh. I pick her up with my free hand and look over at Alexis.

"Go get ready Alexis!" I say and she shakes her head. "Alexis Mackey Holland! Get ready now!" I say her full name and she gets even more mad.

"No! I won't!" She sticks her tongue out at me and slams her door. And of course, this makes James start crying again. And when James cries, so does Dallas.

"Shhhh it's okay you guys. Your sister is just being a brat right now." I sigh and flick on the light. "Let's get ready now."

Once I say that, Dallas starts jumping in my arms. "Cwos!" Dallas says.

I place the twins down and the start going through their closet, looking for something to wear. Dallas picks out a skirt Tom got for her in LA a month ago, and Dallas picks out a Captain America T-Shirt.

"I wear dis." James says, holding his shirt and smiling like a little monkey.

"Yes you can wear that James. Get a pair of jeans though. And some socks." I smile and put my attention to Dallas.

"I need sirt." Dallas slurs. I pick out a spider-man one that she loves and she starts to put it on. "Help."

I laugh and unbutton her pyjamas. "You have to take off your pyjamas first silly. They you can put your clothes on."

After I get the twins ready, I let them play for a few minutes while I go deal with Alexis. I slowly open her door and see her crying on her bed.

"Alexis, are you feeling better?" I ask calmly as I keep the door open just in case I have to hear one of the twins scream.

She shakes her head and looks down, so I crouch in front of her. "I miss Daddy." She says quietly and starts to cry again.

I sigh and shake my head. Toms been gone for a few months, filming more that one movie. He's been gone since the middle of February and it's now almost June. I haven't even seen him since he left too because of the kids. Alexis is almost done Year 1 and starts Year 2 in September. (Year 1 is Kindergarten and Year 2 is 1st grade)

"I miss Daddy too, but he will be home soon." I frown and sit on the bed next to Alexis. "But he will be home soon, I promise."