13

We get out of the bathroom, and we take a seat at one of the booths. Jungkook orders me a strawberry shake, and himself a vanilla one.

For a good fi happened out there, Tae?" Jungkook breaks it.

"I-I don't know... I was fine one minute, then..." I don't ever think I was this scared to voice what I wanted to say. Sure you have my parents, but this.... this is different.

Jungkook grabs my hands that are on the table on either side of my milkshake, and intertwines them.

"Tae, please... look at me." I didn't know I strayed my eyes away, until I was brought back by his voice. "Tell me what happened. What you did earlier.. was not you. I know you, and.. this shakiness, this paranoia... this isn't you."

".... I was thinking of her, Jungkook. Your mother." Jungkook's eyes soften. "The glioblastoma patient, reminded me so much of her. The description... the age... the way she.. died. It all just came flooding in at that moment, and I just couldn't control it. I'm so sorry if I came off kind of sketchy then.. If I hurt you.. I just wasn't in my right mind."

Jungkook slightly smiles. "There's no need to apologize, I understand. But, why is there a bandage wrapped around your hand?"

I look away, blushing a little. "I may or may not have punched my wall..." I cough suddenly to hide my embarrassment.

"Oh my God, Tae, you did not.." Jungkook looks at me with a 'are you crazy' expression, that I can't help but slightly chuckle at.

I take a sip of my milkshake while I look at him with a guilty expression.

He laughs. "This is why I love you, sunbae."

'What?'