Cinnamon Twist

"Alright, we need to fill out some papers, then you'll be ready to work. When can you start?" Keegan said as he finished making the coffee, he pulled out a sharpie and wrote something on the cup in cursive. When all of a sudden the door swung open. "Oh, hey mom." He said before handing Allie the cup, reaching under the countertop to grab the papers.

Allie gave a small smile to Britt, and a slight awkward wave. "Hi, I was the one that called in about the application, my name is Allie." The brunette said holding her hand out for Britt to shake.

"Well, haven't we found quite the formal young woman." Britt said with a soft smile, gently shaking her hand.

"Mother, she plans on working in the mornings until school then at the Pub with me-"

"The Pub?!" Britt exclaimed, a look of worry crossing her face. "You know what those perverts do!"

"Ma, don't worry. I'll be there watching her, father works at the front counter, and father always check my breath at the end of the night we will be fine. She will be fine." Keegan said calmly, as he put on a white apron, and his name tag.

Britt huffed turning her attention back to Allie. "Allie are you sure you want to work nights there? We can get you a position here during the day."

"No thanks. I have to go to school during the days, I'm perfectly fine with it. Money is rather tight right now." Allie said softly, before taking a sip of her coffee. Her eyes widened a bit, The coffee at first was strong, then it slowly turned, and she could taste the spice of cinnamon. The Brunette turned her head a bit to say thank you to Keegan but he was gone in the back some where.

"Okay, if you ever need a pay check in advance tell me. I want those papers back by tomorrow at 8:20." Britt said seriously, she walked behind the counter, setting down her purse getting ready. 

"Thank you, have a good day." Allie said as she walked out onto the sidewalk. She took another sip of the coffee, enjoying the taste. The brunette took her time walking home filling out the paperwork as she did. She walked up the steps, unlocking the front door and stepping inside. Allie then went to throw her cup away when the writing on the side caught her attention. "B.au.i.ul.." Some of the letters had been smeared out, when all of a sudden there was a crisp knock on the door.